It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 0:56:58

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 02. Nov 2018 14:44:59 

Hello,

I am using an Frsky RX8R pro receiver and the Frsky integration cable connected to S-Port (short lead) and to SYS on Spirit pro.
Unfortunately all the menus will not load any parameter values on my Horus x12s. "Buid-In"-telemetry data from the receiver (e.g. ESC-voltage and others) are displayed correct.
All other functions of the unit seem to be correct too.

What can I do?

Greetings,
Toni

PostPosted: Sat 03. Nov 2018 11:14:25 

Do you have other telemtry sensors in use? If so try it with only spirit connected.

Your receiver has last firmware and also your spirit?

PostPosted: Sat 03. Nov 2018 19:48:48 
Site Admin

Hello,

I am afraid but RX8R PRO is not compatible for unknown reason. FrSky is investigating the issue for few days. We are still waiting for their reply. I believe it can be fixed but we need their reply. Because with all other receivers it is just working correctly.

So unfortunately you will need to wait few more days until they will find the problem. Or if you have any other receiver it will work after switching it.

PostPosted: Sun 04. Nov 2018 15:01:14 

Hello Tomáš,

I found out something new:
when I switch on my Horus x12s, power on my RX8R pro and then go to one of your lua scripts nothing happens.
If I am calling up the lua script first and then switch on my receiver everything works fine - all data can be seen and changed!
The only problem is that it shows me bank 2 at first and I have to switch to 0 each time I execute a script.
Maybe this helps solving the problem.

Greetings,
Toni

PS.: I use Horus Firmware 1.6.01, OpenTX 2.2.2 and 180601 on my RX8R pro.

PostPosted: Wed 07. Nov 2018 8:20:33 
Site Admin

Hello Toni,

this is very helpful! Thank you very much!
Unfortunately FrSky did not replied yet. But with your finding we can move with it.

PostPosted: Wed 07. Nov 2018 9:29:18 

Hello Tomáš,

fine that this is helping you and don't think about the mentioned bank 2 problem - this was a mistake of mine in companion.
I'm quite new with Frsky, OpenTx and Spirit; up to now I used Graupner and bavarian deamon rigid and beastx.
At the moment I try to set up one of my well-flying helis with the new components (Spirit pro with GeoLink), but first hovering tests with "coaxial" and "position hold" were not very successful yesterday - heli moves rapidly to the left and back.
Now I look for any mistakes in my setup.

Greetings,
Toni

PostPosted: Mon 14. Jan 2019 21:48:01 

Was this ever fixed? I have a rx8r pro rx too and have the same problem with integration.

If I switch on the Rx first before calling the lua script, nothing loads in the lua script value fields. Also the Spirit Pro LED goes off and stays off after initialization. On the other hand, if I call the lua script first then turn on the Rx, integration works and I can see values on the lua script. Also the red LED on the Spirit Pro stays on like normal.

For now, I have left the integration cable disconnected from the Rx smart port and I will only connect it and use integration by calling the lua script first then turning on the Rx. After adjusting stuff I will disconnect the integration cable. It would be nice if there was a solution to this though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue 15. Jan 2019 12:32:17 
Site Admin

Unfortunately we have not received any report from FrSky, so we are urging it again.

We have requested RX8R Pro receiver so we can investigate it too.

PostPosted: Tue 15. Jan 2019 14:23:50 

Thanks Tomas.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue 15. Jan 2019 22:41:34 

Some further information that might help. I have experienced the same problem, I have tried it with a RX8R-Pro and also a RX6R. both the same result. I have tried it with a X8R and it works perfectly. I suspect that it is something about the RX series of receivers. I don't have any other receivers to try that have both Sbus and Sport. I haven't tried the sequencing technique yet, but I might with the RX6R.
It is the RX6R that I really want to use it with, so it would be nice if a solution can be found.
I flew the Spirit Pro for the first time yesterday and it all worked very nicely. I need to do some fine tuning on the tail, (Goblin700) so I will run with X8R for now. I intend to convert my two other machines over to Spirit, but I don't really want to have to buy more X8R receivers as I have enough RX6Rs already, and also the RX6Rs are better receivers.
I'm personally not concerned with the RX8R-Pro as I have a different use for that, as they have improved ignition rejection, so it's headed for a petrol plane! Obviously it matters to others though!
Regards
Chris
PS Using Horus X10

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next