It is currently Tue 21. May 2024 22:21:45

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 03. Nov 2018 3:15:08 

Just curious about mounting options. The flat spot on the top of the boom seems to be wide enough for a very secure mounting option however the directions mandate the unit be at least 5cm away from carbon frames.....carbon boom is the same. Does that mean you need the geolink to be 5cm above the boom? That's crazy high.....2" above the boom?

I'll also be using the internal gov in my Castle creations ESC. I setup Spirit unit per the directions for a Castle ESC at 60 Hz and range of 1060 and 1940 as well as tweaking the endpoints to get 0-100 on the calibration tab of the spirit software. With these settings the ESC doesn't see zero throttle and won't arm. I had to bring the 1060 down to 1030 to get it to arm. Normally with a Castle ESC you are supposed to used fixed endpoints to calibrate your radio and then switch it to set rpm where you setup the gov and finally setup the bailout. Can I just leave the spirit at 60 Hz and 1000 / 2000 then do the normal radio / esc calibration without the spirit? If I'm not using the Spirit gov why does it need to be involved?

PostPosted: Sat 03. Nov 2018 19:58:20 
Site Admin

Hello,

you can mount GeoLink on the boom. The boom is relatively thin and not wide as a CF frame.
So you do not have to care about height.

The ESCs are driven by oscillators that are not perfectly precise. Because signal is analogue there could be a slight differences in the range.
So 1030us is just fine.

These ranges are involved always - with any radio, receiver, ESC, FBL system or even without FBL system.
Each manufacturer has their own ranges and in case of CC calibration is different. So it is just enough to set 1030 and 1940us and you do not have to perform any other calibration.

It is identical with and without Governor. If Governor is not used the precision is not that important.

These numbers are just hidden for normal pilots so this is reason why you do not have to bother with it. Instead of microsecond value you have to take care about 0 - 100% curves and possibly channel trims, etc.