It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 20:50:33

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 22. Oct 2018 22:15:04 

Invariably, after a ~10 min flight the GeoLink unit exhibits the constant blinking (1.5) LED failure mode after landing.

It seems not to matter whether one of the aid modes had been activated or not, but after being disconnected and re-powered the unit behaves in the normal manner and the LED remains constant after getting a GPS fix and the swash plate moves up directly when the altitude limit aid is activated with a dedicated three position TX switch. It must be noted this function activates in a delayed and erratic manner when the unit is in the constant blinking LED failure mode.

I have established that the failure mode activates between three and approximately six minute flight time intervals. Landing at around three minutes certainly reveals the unit to be operating properly with the normal solid LED status.

The helicopter flies without issue and has not crashed with the GeoLink unit mounted.

I have since deactivated Geolink in the 2.5.2 firmware and disconnected it from the Spirit fbl unit - the normal rescue function works without issue during and after a flight..

Any help would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue 23. Oct 2018 7:16:02 
Site Admin

Hello,

I already replied to your email with further instructions.

Can you let me know if the model is belt driven or there is torque tube?
It is Gaui, am I right? Unfortunately I don't know any detail about your model...

Unfortunately when this problem happen then the GeoLink is inoperable and must be restarted.

You could make a simple test to just power up the model and wait several minutes (around 10) to see if you will get Fast blinking too.

Then you could also try to run BEC Tester in the Diagnostic tab to verify that this is not caused by a voltage drops.

Please let me know your results.

PostPosted: Wed 24. Oct 2018 6:41:08 

Hi
Thank you for replying on the forum - I have not received your email response yet - funny, that would seem impossible. And yet all the purchase confos in the past arrived.

The helicopter is a GauiX4 II with a torque tube.

I have powered up the model outside and let it sit for 15 mins and the LED remained steady after a quick GPS fix.

The BEC Test was completed without issue as far as I can tell - view results image here - http://www.omo.co.nz/BEC_Test_2018-10-24.png

Regards
Stephen

PostPosted: Thu 25. Oct 2018 7:53:02 
Site Admin

Thank you very much for the tests.

I will resend my original message to private message here.
Hopefully this can help you.