It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 17:02:51

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 21. Oct 2018 6:18:56 

Thanks for the reply.

My BEC voltage is 6 Volts. The reason that flight log was 13 minutes was I flew the helicopter for 7 minutes, then I plugged the Spirit into my computer and was in the Spirit settings for 6 minutes looking at stuff and checking the Geolink logs. No, my flight time was not 13 minutes.

Compass is showing around 90 degrees when helicopter is pointed north.

I haven't been able to test anything else today, but I will try tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes. I really want to have a working Geolink though. Hopefully, we can get this worked out. Thanks!

Last edited by Xform on Sun 21. Oct 2018 21:00:48, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun 21. Oct 2018 19:13:09 
Site Admin

Thank you, it is clear now.

I am sure we will find a solution.

PostPosted: Mon 22. Oct 2018 14:45:20 

I tried flying again yesterday. I used position hold for testing. Interestingly, when the helicopter is on the ground and I activate position hold, the swashplate doesn't move in any direction. I then tried to pick the helicopter up and move around and the swashplate moved in a random direction when I was walking around with the helicopter. When I flew the helicopter, and activated position hold, the helicopter started flying away. One time it started flying at a rather good speed. I can't trust position hold because of this. I forgot to get a copy of my settings file, but I will post that here when I am get back. Do you have any other ideas I could try to get this problem fixed? Or should I wait for a firmware update? I notice other people are having the same problem I have. Please tell me what I should do. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue 23. Oct 2018 1:15:40 

I finally got to upload my Spirit Settings. Please check my Spirit FBL settings out. Please see if they are a problem for the Geolink. Thanks!

Attachments:
Spirit Settings to check.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 32 times

PostPosted: Tue 23. Oct 2018 7:30:23 
Site Admin

Thank you very much! When holding the model in the horizontal position and swashplate is changing direction randomly then this is really problem.

Is there possiblity to start the motor (blades off) and view the compass angle in the Spirit Settings?
Because it is very strange if you can observe correct angle there while at the flying field it is changing randomly.

When you are checking the angle is your radio on too? I mean if conditions are identical at the flying field as at your home.

From your description it look like the compass can't work properly when outside. This then will result in a random behavior because it is the key part of the navigation. At least we know where the problem approximately is.

Could you also let me know where are you from? Just country is enough.

PostPosted: Tue 23. Oct 2018 14:44:55 

I am from the United States. Also, I noticed the compass showing around 120 degrees when I point it to true north. I didn't catch that before. I wonder if that is the problem? Anyway, I can't try testing stuff now, but I will post back when I get a chance to. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue 23. Oct 2018 18:12:31 

When the model points to the North, Geolink displays 90 °, 94 ° max.

PostPosted: Sat 27. Oct 2018 19:18:04 

Do you have any solutions to the Geolink problem I am having? I really would like to get this working soon so I can fly with confidence that it won't cause a crash. Please tell me how the solution is going. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon 29. Oct 2018 4:42:47 

Guess what! I found another problem which may help us locate the exact problem. I put the helicopter's rescue mode to coaxial mode. When I activated coaxial mode, the helicopter wouldn't really stay still. It would even start going off in a random direction. Even full stick deflection wouldn't keep the helicopter from flying off in that direction. I wonder if I have a problem with the Spirit FBL itself? Maybe this is the problem afterall. Please tell me. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon 29. Oct 2018 9:37:55 
Site Admin

Hello,

if no GeoLink feature was enabled and you were unable to stop the model from flying off in the Coaxial mode then yes, this is a big problem. And unfortunately this will also affect all GeoLink features except Altitude Hold.

Here you can see basically same problem with solution:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2892

The problem was all caused just HobbyWing fan. At the beginning it might work well but with progressing flight it will be failing.
GeoLink features are dependent on correct functionality of the Coaxial/Rescue mode.
If this problem is really occuring in your case then a solution will also fix problems with GeoLink features.

Unfortunately we have over week of rain here so we are unable to make a lot of testing... But we already added few additional safety checks and trying to re-create bad conditions for GeoLink. So that it could solve the problems even if something is not good. But it is like fixing a punctured wheel. Better is to clean a roads from glass shards.

Thank you very much for investigating the issue.