It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 10:54:29

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 29. Oct 2018 18:30:07 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

if no GeoLink feature was enabled and you were unable to stop the model from flying off in the Coaxial mode then yes, this is a big problem. And unfortunately this will also affect all GeoLink features except Altitude Hold.

Here you can see basically same problem with solution:
http://spirit-system.com/phpBB3/viewtop ... =20&t=2892

The problem was all caused just HobbyWing fan. At the beginning it might work well but with progressing flight it will be failing.
GeoLink features are dependent on correct functionality of the Coaxial/Rescue mode.
If this problem is really occuring in your case then a solution will also fix problems with GeoLink features.

Unfortunately we have over week of rain here so we are unable to make a lot of testing... But we already added few additional safety checks and trying to re-create bad conditions for GeoLink. So that it could solve the problems even if something is not good. But it is like fixing a punctured wheel. Better is to clean a roads from glass shards.

Thank you very much for investigating the issue.

Is there any type of fix for the HW fan ??

PostPosted: Mon 29. Oct 2018 19:39:05 

from this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2892&start=10

Code:
http://spirit-system.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2892&start=10

>> I did buy a Sunon MC30100V2-A99 fan for my hobbywing 100A V3 platinum and use it.
>> No problems caused by the fan at all.

he replaced the fan

Last edited by urgno on Tue 30. Oct 2018 14:19:02, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 30. Oct 2018 5:42:01 

Thanks for helping us find the problem or at least get very very close to understanding the cause. I clicked on the link and it said page does not exist? What is the solution? I would like to know the solution. Thanks! Also what is Hobbywing fan?

PostPosted: Tue 30. Oct 2018 5:45:01 

Wait I know what you mean by Hobbywing fan. I don't have a fan oin my ESC though. I have a Talon 35 with no fan. Hopefully, the weather clears up for you. I really almost think it is my Spirit FBL problem not geolink?

PostPosted: Tue 30. Oct 2018 14:19:23 

i have modified the post to include a complete url

PostPosted: Tue 30. Oct 2018 15:08:26 
Site Admin

Xform: For you any of the following points can help:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... ise_Rescue

If you will find no error we can send you other Spirit unit for comparison.

PostPosted: Wed 31. Oct 2018 15:26:25 

My swashplate parameters are configured correctly and the unit is aligned properly to the frame. The Spirit FBL is mounted on the flat part of the helicopter which is made for mounting the FBL. I am only using 1 adhesive tape as well. I took the main blades off and tail blades off and tried vibration analysis. I even tried with tail blades on. The vibrations weren't excessive. They were all in the green and not more than 20 I think? This helicopter is very smooth in flight and there are pretty much no vibrations. I haven't crashed it yet, but I don't want an imprecise stabilization to be the cause of a crash. Also, when I plug the battery into the helicopter, I don't touch it until the light on the Spirit is solid and the swash jumps up to signal initialization. After initialization, I just put the canopy on and the helicopter isn't moved or tilted. My ESC is a Talon 35 which doesn't need a cooling fan. I don't have a cooling fan on this model.

This seems like a weird problem to me. Stabilization modes don't work such as coaxial mode, but rescue mode seems to work fine. I really think it is the Spirit and not the Geolink problem as the Spirit has the problem when just enabling coaxial mode. When I enable it, it still drifts in a random direction. Even full stick deflection will not be enough to stop the helicopter's random direction.

Please help me with this. I hope it can be fixed. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed 14. Nov 2018 16:39:40 

As advised in the Private message ZeXx86 sent me, I checked the Sub-trims in the Spirit settings and found I was using sub-trims to level the swashplate. I went and zeroed all the subtrims and leveled the swash mechanically and manually. Still, when I activate coaxial mode, the helicopter will wander off in a random direction and keep increasing speed and tilting farther and farther in that direction. The tilt is so bad I can't even use full deflection of the cyclic stick in the opposite direction to even hover the helicopter. The helicopter would have gotten lost and crashed if I didn't disable coaxial mode and manually bring it back to me. This seems more of a problem with the Spirit unit itself rather than Geolink as coaxial mode is relying on the Spirit not Geolink. Please help. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu 15. Nov 2018 2:25:41 

If you have problems that are Spirit related and not caused by the GeoLink, then I would unplug the GeoLink uncheck it in the Spirit Settings, then just work on only the Spirit setup.

Either you have problems with your setup, or the Spirit unit is defective.

In order to prove your setup, I would start over.
1. To start, unplug any servo not using a 1520us pulse, or just unplug all servos.
2. Reset the Spirit to factory settings.
3. Create a new model in your TX.
4. Do a complete setup with the Wizard.
5. Test the Stabilization/Coaxial function.
6. If you are still having problems, then try a different Spirit unit.

It is as simple as that.