It is currently Tue 19. Mar 2024 8:17:18

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 17. Oct 2018 2:22:10 

Dear Mr.Thomas,

I had assigned a 3 position switch for the Geolnik Return To Home function as the manual advise:

It is possible to program the Home position either with the Spirit Settings by selecting a point at the Map. Or there is possibility to use GeoLink channel to do so even if you are out of a computer.

If assigned GeoLink channel is used you have to set On (2) function state and keep it on for at least 2 seconds. At this period Status LED of the unit will turn off and after 2 seconds new Home position is programmed. Once finished the LED must turn On again.

When I activate the On(2) position for new home position programming, I could not see the LED indication as mentioned in the user manual. The LED stays ON at all the time. However, if I connect the FBL to PC program and check the map, the new home position has been registered. Please see below my Radio channel assignment and Geolink feature selection.

Attachment:
Spirit Setting_1.jpg
Spirit Setting_1.jpg [ 108.57 KiB | Viewed 443 times ]

Attachment:
Spirit setting_2.jpg
Spirit setting_2.jpg [ 140.13 KiB | Viewed 443 times ]

Is there anything wrong with my setup? Does the Geolink function correctly for new position assignment ?

Please advice

Regards,

Amal

PostPosted: Wed 17. Oct 2018 7:47:09 
Site Admin

Hello,

are you checking the Spirit status LED or GeoLink status LED?
The position is programmed in the Spirit unit so you have to check the Spirit unit.

Yes, all seems to be correct if you can see that position is reprogrammed and also at the correct position.

PostPosted: Wed 17. Oct 2018 13:53:56 

Dear Mr.Thomas,

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I was looking at the GeoLink unit. Actually, I notice the blinking on Spirit unit but I didn't take it to account. Then everything seems to be okay with my setup.

By the way, what is minimum height that I can maintain with GeoLink? Is 1M too low? I am practicing hovering with Stabi ON. The ground is concrete. If I made a hard landing, boom strike can be expected.

Regards,

Amal

PostPosted: Wed 17. Oct 2018 21:32:45 
Site Admin

You are welcome!

1 meter is usually too low, because terrain contain many objects and is not perfectly flat. And also the most helicopter can't climb that fast.
But if you are just hovering even 1 meter could be fine.