It is currently Thu 16. May 2024 1:04:50

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 01. Oct 2018 23:14:24 

Hi,

I am a new user of the Spirit Pro that i want to install on a Beam Avangarde Heli using my Horus transmitter with native software (not Open Tx) and FrSky receiver. Is it possible ? How should I proceed ? I am not aware of this technology and I need help.
Thanks,

Patrick

PostPosted: Tue 02. Oct 2018 1:42:01 

The basic connection , setup and control of the Spirit is very well explained in the documentation. I suggest you read it and post more specific questions if required once you get started. The use of the Wizard will guide you through the connection and setup in a step by step way.
The type of RX your using will determine your basic connection method and most likely in your case be utilizing the S-Bus protocol with a single Cable between you RX and the Spirit.

The one thing NOT TO DO is plug a power source (BEC or ESC) into either of the most outer connector marked as SYS and ELE/PIT/AIL. To do so will damage the unit which will need to be returned for repair.

ZxZe86 (the man behind the unit) will most likely add to this thread with some support for you however you really need to read the manual and try to understand what you can. Then post some more specific questions as required.
But yes of course it's possible to use your Horus to control your Spirit !!
How should you proceed , once again reading the Manual will go a long way in helping to answer that question !!

PostPosted: Tue 02. Oct 2018 20:55:40 

Thank you for your reply.
My concern was more on the radio software. Further to the reading of the manual, I was under the impression that the Horus radio had to be flashed with Open Tx, which I am not ready to do, except if there is a big advantage to do so.
I have to confess that I bought the Spirit Pro one year ago and not yet installed nor used the module.
I will probably install the Spirit Pro within the next days in a Beam heli.
Best regards,

Patrick

PostPosted: Wed 03. Oct 2018 4:48:43 

avopat wrote:
Thank you for your reply.
My concern was more on the radio software. Further to the reading of the manual, I was under the impression that the Horus radio had to be flashed with Open Tx, which I am not ready to do, except if there is a big advantage to do so.
I have to confess that I bought the Spirit Pro one year ago and not yet installed nor used the module.
I will probably install the Spirit Pro within the next days in a Beam heli.
Best regards,

Patrick

I don't know the FrSky OS however am sure it's capable of controlling the Spirit.
The Spirit is flexible in that you can use Rescue and SL in two different ways. Sending a negative value on the Gryo Channel or assigning any spare channel/s to operate selected features in the Special Function menus. The current firmware allows for up to 3 independent Special Functions to be accessed.
If you install the Spirit Software onto your computer , you can run it in demo mode to get an idea of what I'm explaining and what is involved.

Being a very functional TX , I'm positive you will not have any problem at all controlling your Spirit in a suitable way with the Horus native OS !

I'm about to order a X10S myself so will be able to help you out first-hand in the not too distant future. Was planning on having a good look at the FrSky OS before more than likely installing OpenTX.

PostPosted: Wed 03. Oct 2018 7:24:16 
Site Admin

Hello,

there will be no problem, except the only thing you can't do with FrskyOS is integration support. This mean that unlike with OpenTX you can't configure the Spirit unit directly from your radio.
But you still configure it by many other ways, such as with your computer as the most people are doing.

Otherwise there will be full functionality and all other features will be available.

You can proceed according Futaba S-BUS connection scheme that is described in our manual (Wiring section) or directly in the Spirit Settings software (Setup Wizard).

PostPosted: Wed 03. Oct 2018 9:19:28 

Many thanks for your replies. It is now a lot clearer for me.
I am very happy with my Horus and the FrSky OS and I am reluctant to flash my radio to Open TX as I don't have enough information on benefits to do so.
I own also a FrSky 9XE...maybe should try on that one...but I am not using it to fly heli's...
Will keep you posted...
Kind regards,
Patrick