It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 17:49:29

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Pro issues i think
PostPosted: Tue 11. Sep 2018 21:59:44 

Hi, my problem is rescue only works while the unit is plugged into my laptop as soon as I unplug it and restart my unit it won't work.
I'm using a separate battery to power up the unit it's just strange.
any ideas?
This unit also freaks out now and again with jittering for a short while.with or without using the ESC.
I have the latest firmware installed and all servos test fine. also used different wires.

Thanks for any input, Chris.

Post subject: Re: Pro issues i think
PostPosted: Wed 12. Sep 2018 1:54:28 

Not sure on the jittering, but as far as the rescue, have you made sure you are actually saving the settings to the Spirit before disconnecting and restarting. (stupid question i know, but sometimes we over look the simplest things)

PostPosted: Wed 12. Sep 2018 5:08:48 

Also if you are using banks make sure you're programming the same bank with the PC that your radio is telling the Spirit to be in.

PostPosted: Wed 12. Sep 2018 10:44:25 
Site Admin

It look like your Gyro Gain channel is not configured and the gain is close to 0%. This could cause jittering as some mode could be activated/deactivated constantly.

It is possible that you have Bank Switching assigned too. When you start the Spirit Settings it will automatically switch to Bank 0.
But otherwise Bank Switching is controlled from your radio. So it will do just what is programmed.

I recommend to unassign Bank Switching in the General/Channels and it will be very likely OK.

PostPosted: Wed 12. Sep 2018 20:01:45 

Thanks for the replies all, this has happened since the last and latest update my giro in the radio is set as per for Futaba nothing changed there.
I turned off channel 7 bank switching and saved. When I restarted rescue was in reverse and diagnostic showed it as normal when activated.
I loaded another save file and rescue now shows headlock and rescue, and it goes the correct way.
Now what's confusing me is the fact that all settings are identical on both saves except one doesn't work.
is there a way I can open the file to see if, in fact, they are the same or not.
Cheers, Chris.

PostPosted: Thu 13. Sep 2018 10:56:46 
Site Admin

Hello,

can you attach the settings here?
I can review it and compare. There will be something different.

PostPosted: Fri 14. Sep 2018 19:41:53 

Ok, I've attached 2 files however one is the 500 dominator and the other a 500 pro, I've got that many files now I don't know where I am.
Anyway, with bank 1 selected which is stabilization acro if I hit rescue which is in the conditions menu, it goes in reverse even if it's a small amount it's still the wrong way.
Bank 0 is rescue acro which seems to work as normal and bank 3 is disabled. so how do I get rescue to work with the stabilization modes?.

I'm obviously missing something.

Cheers Chris.

Attachments:
500 dom 2 14092018.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 21 times
pro1.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 22 times

PostPosted: Fri 14. Sep 2018 20:34:28 

Ok, I think I just confused myself that much I was stuck in a dumbass loop.
So looking back at old threads I came across the Futaba logic and it dawned on me, you don't have the bailout and stabilisation on at the same time and when I was hitting the bail out switch when in bank 1 it was, in fact, setting stabilisation mode and not attempting a reverse bailout.
So using the logic when I move into bank 1 with the tri-state switch it also activates my momentary bailout switch.

Does this now sound about right? not sure how much longer I can concentrate ..........whisky in a Jar o :D

PostPosted: Mon 17. Sep 2018 8:11:39 
Site Admin

Yes, now it sounds right!

With Futaba you can program it all so that you can use Flight modes that will be actualyl switching Banks and they can also have pre-programmed Gyro Gain.
In Futaba you can use priorities for flight modes so that Autorotation has the highest priority, then the Rescue and then all normal flight modes.
In this way when Rescue flight mode is engaged it will set for example Bank 1 and set Gyro Gain to -60% or in Futaba terms 60% NORM. For flight mode it can be Bank 0 and 60% AVCS.
Futaba has no negative gains but NORM/AVCS will do the same job.

PostPosted: Mon 17. Sep 2018 12:13:52 

Thanks for the reply I've moved away from conditions and I'm trying the separate channel route for rescue.

This is what I put in my other thread: this is the way I have it: rescue is on channel 10 in f: stab function working off my momentary switch.
I also have Banks set up on a tri switch, so far so good. so when I hit rescue all good then I switch to bank 1 which has stabilisation acro and nothing happens until I use the momentary switch in conjunction with bank tri switch and I can see the swash plate move to level much quicker than in normal mode when using the ailerons left or right, so I assume stabilisation acro on bank one is enabled until I let go of the momentary switch.

Now is this how it should work?