It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 13:39:49

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 10. Sep 2018 16:50:36 

I originally posted this on another forum, but haven't got a response yet. Hoping I will get some luck with my question here:

I have a Castle ESC with the RPM sensor wire already attached to the unit. Initially, I setup RX type to PWM and have been using Castle's governor, however, now I want to switch over and use the Spirit governor instead. I do have the S-Bus adapter wire and a S-Bus capable RX. Now I'm wondering if it will be necessary to do a complete new model setup when switching different receiver types. Can someone please shed some light on this on what I need to do to make this work?

PostPosted: Mon 10. Sep 2018 21:21:54 
Site Admin

Hello,

no need to change anything in the unit.
It is only needed to make changes in your radio.

This mean you might need to reverse some channels and/or to change travel adjust so that when looking at Diagnostic tab all will move correctly.

So in the Spirit Settings you have to only change receiver type, nothing more.

PostPosted: Tue 25. Sep 2018 18:32:47 

I too am thinking of changing Rx type due to my current PWM Rx limiting me to only 2 GeoLink "special functions" channels can be assigned, which is if you are using bank switching like me, then I only have one channel left for special functions like Altitude Limit and Rescue.

My questions to the support team is simply this,
"By converting to SBUS Transmitter and SBUS Receivers - will I be able to select more than 2 GeoLink "Special Functions" to be able to use more GeoLink Features? I am hoping to be able to select 3 or maybe 4 GeoLink "Special Functions" and assign them. With my current PWM setup - GeoLink tells me I can only select two Special Functions, one of which is Bank Switching I have to have. What is the maximum number of "Special Functions" Spirit Pro and GeoLink can assign with S-Bus? Will I need any special adapter wires? I need at least 3 total (or more), Special Functions available to take advantage of Spirit GeoLink GPS features please.

Thank you Tomas and the great support team! :D
Dave

This info below is how I plan to convert over, mostly for my reference and FYI to help others if they have the same issue.
If I change to SBUS TX, by buying a JR XJT TX Module that outputs SBUS on my JR XP9303H TX,
and also change out my current PWM Rx's and I buy SBUS JR compatible RX's for Spirit Pro FBL / GeoLink,
which would be FrSky RX8R Pro 2.4G ACCST 8/16CH SBUS Telemetry Receiver,
that accept SBUS would this be a way to get the 9 channels from my now SBUS Compatible JR XP9303 TX?
The FrSky RX8R Pro receiver is S-BUS and the JR XJT TX module is also SBUS and is compatible with this receiver.

By doing the above.....

Will this give me more than 2 options for assigning special functions for GeoLink using SBUS technology?
If Yes, how many GeoLink Special Functions can be assigned using SBUS?
I look forward to your reply please and thanks! :D
Dave

UPDATES:
From my testing below it appears by Selecting SBUS Tab, you can then assign 3 Special Features on the right with no limiting message.
So it appears it will allow you to have 3 special functions on those remaining channels after I switch to SBUS! Outstanding!
See details below.

UPDATE - ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTIONS (I should of thought of this already!!)
I was able to answer my questions above by doing the following:
Start the Spirit Pro Software without having your helicopter connected to your computer
Wait for the small window to pop up saying no device found, Do you want to run in Demo Mode?
Click/Select Demo mode,
Go to the General Tab and Select PWM Tab, then try to assign 3 Special Features on the right, you will get a message box only 2 can be selected on either channel 5 or channel 7.
Go back to the General Tab and Select SBUS Tab, then try to assign 3 Special Features on the right, it appears it will allow all 3!
See the pictures below:

Attachments:
SBUS Setting Allows Additional Channels to be used for Special Functions.JPG
SBUS Setting Allows Additional Channels to be used for Special Functions.JPG [ 55.61 KiB | Viewed 199 times ]
PWM Setting Must use Channel 5 and Channel 7 only.JPG
PWM Setting Must use Channel 5 and Channel 7 only.JPG [ 59.96 KiB | Viewed 199 times ]