It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 23:21:40

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 14. Aug 2018 12:47:37 

Hi,

I am waiting for my Geolink to arrive (backordered) and just planning how it will be used, I have a 7 channel DX7 transmitter so I am assuming that I will be limited to 2 functions. I have bought the Geolink mainly to help me as I learn inverted flight, I've had the Spirit for a while, but never got used to flying with my finger on the switch, so I want to set up the Altitude Limit so that it goes into rescue below a certain height.

I fly at 2 different flying sites, which may mean that to use features such as RTH or Geofencing I have to set the relevant locations from my computer before I leave home (from reading the instructions). The DX7 has only 2-way switches (except flight mode switch) so would I need an extra channel to set RTH home location - or can multiple "RTH locations" be set in the Spirit and selected via the mobile software??.

If I have the Altitude Limit feature enabled, presumably I have to have Stabi switched off for power-up and take off, and then engaged once I am above my lower limit - correct???? What is a sensible lower limit for Altitude Limit - 5 meters?.

Sorry for all of the questions, but I could not find answers to these on the forum.

Cheers,
Mike

PostPosted: Wed 15. Aug 2018 8:40:57 
Site Admin

Hi,

you can activate all the features even with just one channel. It is possible to enable multiple features at the same time.

You can program RTH point from your radio anywhere. But not Geo-fence - this will be possible in next update.
You do not need extra channel, just one channel can be used for programming and engaging.

Yes, this is good way. Any limit is sensible, 5 meters are default and should be fine. But it also depends on how fast the model can climb from bad situation.

PostPosted: Wed 15. Aug 2018 9:13:33 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hi,

you can activate all the features even with just one channel. It is possible to enable multiple features at the same time.

You can program RTH point from your radio anywhere. But not Geo-fence - this will be possible in next update.
You do not need extra channel, just one channel can be used for programming and engaging.

Yes, this is good way. Any limit is sensible, 5 meters are default and should be fine. But it also depends on how fast the model can climb from bad situation.

Thanks Tomas,

PostPosted: Tue 21. Aug 2018 13:59:52 

My Geolink has arrived now - I have read and re-read the Geolink manual a number of times, but still have a few questions I'm afraid.

I understand the idea of engaging Stabi to enable all activated functions - but does this mean that it will include stabilisation?? What I would like to do is take off with Stabi turned off and then flick the relevant switch to activate Altitude Limit and maybe Geofence - the idea being that if I am crashing it will activate rescue and not allow the heli out of my flying field. But if I activate the functions this way does it mean that I will have Stabilization mode activated when flying with AltLimit and Geofence) activated ???. I am hoping to be able to fly in non-stabilization mode, but with AltLimit and Geofence activated.

I would also like to be able to set and activate Return to Home on my other channel - but I am not sure how I would do this as my 2 spare channel switches (Gear and Aux 2) are both 2-way switches.

Hopefully this makes sense...

Thanks in advance,
Mike

PostPosted: Thu 23. Aug 2018 11:49:55 
Site Admin

You will only have to set F: GeoLink Altitude Limit and F: GeoLink Geofence and assign it to a single free channel.
Then Return To Home will be assigned to other free channel.

Then at any time you can engage the features while it does not matter what flying mode you are using.
2-way switches are fine.

The problem is you will have to fly with Stabilisation mode On or Off all the time, since there is lack of other free channels.
Other solution would be to enable Altitude Limit/GeoFence for Stabi function - this mean that whenever you are in the Stabilisation mode then enabled functions will be active too.

PostPosted: Thu 23. Aug 2018 13:14:14 

Thanks again Tomas,

ZeXx86 wrote:
Other solution would be to enable Altitude Limit/GeoFence for Stabi function - this mean that whenever you are in the Stabilisation mode then enabled functions will be active too.

But can I have stabilization disabled until Altitude Limit is triggered - i.e. fly around as normal (no stabilization) until Altitude Limit is triggered by going below 5m, at which point the Spirit goes into Altitude limit and Return to Home mode.

Would it be better to simply assign Altitude Limit to a separate channel and not worry about Return to Home - it's the Altitude Limit that I want for crash avoidance....

Apologies again for all the questions, thanks for your help.

Mike

PostPosted: Thu 23. Aug 2018 13:25:52 
Site Admin

Yes, of course it is possible if you will use special function - assign F: GeoLink Altitude Limit in the General/Channels. Then you can activate/deactivate this function anytime you wish and to have stabilisation mode anytime you wish.

PostPosted: Thu 23. Aug 2018 13:39:17 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Yes, of course it is possible if you will use special function - assign F: GeoLink Altitude Limit in the General/Channels. Then you can activate/deactivate this function anytime you wish and to have stabilisation mode anytime you wish.

Thanks Tomas - I don't want stabilization mode at all, I was just confused that I would be activating these functions via the Stabi tab

Cheers,
Mike.