It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 21:53:26

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 18. Aug 2018 12:01:40 

Hello,

After I could revive my Spirit Pro two weeks ago (see http://spirit-system.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2693) it happened again yesterday:

This time I installed a new receiver (Jeti Rex 3 A20) and wanted to test if failsafe works correctly (throttle on off, everything else on hold). After activating the system and testing all movements I switched of the TX (Jeti DS-16) and the failsafe worked as expected.

When I turned on the TX again the Spirit Pro went mad: the servos moved like I would stir the right stick (mode 2) all the time clockwise and I couldn't do anaything. After some seconds I pulled the plug on the heli.

After that the spirit showed the same behaviour like the last time. A log wasn't stored but gladly I still had the Fix-Software and so I could repair it myself in 5 minutes.

But now I'm really worried if I should really fly with this FBL-unit. Two times I could "kill" the unit and I'm afraid that it could happen during flight also. A TDF is no cheap helicopter but I don't want to loose any of my helis because of a system failure. Moreover the actual situation could not only happen in a test environment but in real life also if the rx looses connection to the tx only for a show time.

May it be that the ram/rom or whereever the operating system of the spirit pro is stored is defect and causing these problems with my unit? I've never read from anybody else having these problems.

So, what should I do?

With kind regards,
Thomas

PostPosted: Sat 18. Aug 2018 18:32:33 
Site Admin

Hello,

that is sad.
As previous time, the problem is just because of Kontronik ESC sending commands to the unit that are doing changes in the internal memory.
The problem is happening very likely just because you are using Jeti integration and Kontronik telemetry at the same time while ESC is sending such command. Probably it is due to new Kontronik firmware or is specific to hardware models.
This problem can't occur during flight for sure, but I think that you should be able to reproduce it always by re-doing what you have did last time.

I guess that you have opened Jeti integration menu for some time before it happened, am I right.
If you can describe how it can be replicated, we can send you firmware to prevent this problem. We will try to replicate it ourselves, but more details about your setup would be very appreciated. I believe that within week we will find a proper solution.

If you want to avoid the problem we recommend to just unplug the Kontronik telemetry cable when you are opening the Jeti integration menu, this will help for sure.
Your unit should be without any problem fortunately.

P.S. Please do not create new threads for the very same problem to make it easier for other people for finding possible solutions. We will move this to your old thread after your acknowledgement.

PostPosted: Mon 20. Aug 2018 7:25:58 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

that is sad.
As previous time, the problem is just because of Kontronik ESC sending commands to the unit that are doing changes in the internal memory.
The problem is happening very likely just because you are using Jeti integration and Kontronik telemetry at the same time while ESC is sending such command. Probably it is due to new Kontronik firmware or is specific to hardware models.
This problem can't occur during flight for sure, but I think that you should be able to reproduce it always by re-doing what you have did last time.

I guess that you have opened Jeti integration menu for some time before it happened, am I right.
If you can describe how it can be replicated, we can send you firmware to prevent this problem. We will try to replicate it ourselves, but more details about your setup would be very appreciated. I believe that within week we will find a proper solution.

If you want to avoid the problem we recommend to just unplug the Kontronik telemetry cable when you are opening the Jeti integration menu, this will help for sure.
Your unit should be without any problem fortunately.

P.S. Please do not create new threads for the very same problem to make it easier for other people for finding possible solutions. We will move this to your old thread after your acknowledgement.

Hello,

thank you for your answer, even during the Weekend! :)

I've seen the note in the online Manual ("Do not connect the Telem KONTRONIK cable when ESC telemetry is Disabled in the software. ") and of course I took care of that. BUT: I just removed the plug from the SYS-port, I forgot the plug in the ELE-pin. May it be that that caused the error again? It would be safer to remove the plug from the controller but it's very difficult to get there. :(

What I did in detail this time was:
- unplug the Kontronik-telemetrycable from the SYS-port
- plug in the USB-Adapter to the SYS-port
- powering up the unit without the TX
- changing the telemetry-input in the pc-Software from Kontronik Kosmik/Jive Pro to deactivated
- save the Change to the unit
- power off the unit
- power on the tx
- power on the unit
- doing some adjustments to the rotorhead and tailrotor with the pc-software
- Change the telemtry-input back to Kontronik Kosmik/Jive Pro
- Save all changes to the unit
- power off the unit
- unplug the USB-Adapter from the SYS-port
- plug in the Kontronik-Telemetrycable to the SYS-port
- power on the unit
- everything works as normal
- activate the failsafe in my TX because i'm using a new RX with longer antenna
- Switch off the TX to test failsafe
- Failsafe works
- Switch on the TX again
- Spirit Pro goes nuts
- Power off the unit
- Power on the unit
- Spirit Pro is in "sleep mode" again and Needs to be fixed with your Software

I'm sorry I'm not at home till friday so I can't try to reproduce the problem. But at least I can give you details about my Setup:

Controller: Kontronik Jive Pro 120 HV, FW v1.13
TX: Jeti Ds-16, FW v4.22
RX: Jeti Rex3 A20, FW v1.10
Motor: Kontronik Pyro 700-45
Servos: DITEX TD1609S & DITEX TD1005S, both with the latest Firmware

If you need any more information I'm glad if I can help.

A Firmware where the problem can't Pop up anymore would really be appreciated. :)

Of course you may move this to the older thread - I didn't suppose the reason for the failure was the same that's why I started a new thread.

Thanks again for the great Support,
Thomas