It is currently Tue 16. Apr 2024 6:14:29

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Spirit and Governor
PostPosted: Sat 18. Aug 2018 7:42:54 

Hello,

my radio is a JETI DS-24 and in all my helis performs a Spirit Pro. In the radio there is a basic selection between "Governor: Yes" and "Governor: No".

1. Flying an electric heli with the internal governor of the KOSMIK (e.g.), my choice is typically "Governor: No".

2. What is my choice when flying an electric heli with the internal governor of the Spirit Pro? Yes?

3. What is my choice when flying an nitro heli with the internal governor of the Spirit Pro? Yes?

4. What is my choice when flying an nitro heli with a governor like the FUTABA GV1? Yes?

Kind regards

Chris

Post subject: Re: Spirit and Governor
PostPosted: Sat 18. Aug 2018 18:36:48 
Site Admin

Hello Chris,

1. It must be Governor - Disabled.
2. if governor from ESC is turned off, then Spirit Governor can be turned on.
3. Spirit Governor can be turned on.
4. Spirit Governor always turned off.

PostPosted: Mon 27. Aug 2018 19:12:57 

Hello Tomas,

thanks for your posting! I can follow you.

But my question was not, if Governor in Spirit Software should be turned off or on. This is clear. My question refered to the radio itself (JETI). In JETI's menu there is the choice between "Governor YES" or "Governor NO". Look at here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ex9m7kiw0x01 ... u.png?dl=0

I guess it does not matter if you choose "Yes" or "No". There is just an additional menu item called "Governor settings" and this item has no function when using a SPIRIT governor or a e.g. KONTRONIK governor.

PostPosted: Mon 27. Aug 2018 19:26:35 

I've got a Jeti radio on order, I've been watching videos and playing with the simulator. This is the one area I'm not sure of either, my google skills could not find the answer either. I do plan to use the Spirit Gov and was wondering if I should answer yes or No to that setting in the Jeti model setup screen.

PostPosted: Mon 27. Aug 2018 21:39:27 

Hi,

I guess in the JETI you have to set the menu item to "No" if you want to you use the spirit governor. Because you change head speed by different flat throttle curves in the JETI and not in the menu item "Governor settings". This menu item should be turned off by setting "No".

But I am not sure ...

Another thing is a nitro. Normally you have regular throttle curves which allow to fly even when the governor (e.g. Futaba) fails during flight. (You have no flat throttle curves.) And head speed is changed in the menu item "Governor settings". You increase/decrease the percentage in this menu and get another head speed. That's how I know it. But when using the SPIRIT governor, you change head speed with a certain flat throttle curve. What happens when SPIRIT governor fails during flight?

PostPosted: Tue 28. Aug 2018 8:12:45 
Site Admin

Hi,

if Spirit governor fails due to sensor cable failure then it will work as with V throttle curve. There will be some precompensation so there is chance you will even not notice it. In the worst case there will be low performance.

If you want to use Spirit Governor you have to set Governor to YES.
If you want to use any other throttle curves (not flat) and to turn off Spirit governor then select Governor to NO.