It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 19:03:18

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Geo-Link Problems
PostPosted: Wed 15. Aug 2018 7:39:32 
Site Admin

This is very strange.

Do you think you can share your settings, please?
Please attach your current 4ds settings file.

I think that something is activated at the same time, that shouldn't be active.
So the best way is to simplify the settings as possible - for example to try to activate RTH by Stabi function - for example instead of your Rescue you can try to set Coaxial mode in the Stabi/Function and unassign RTH in the General/Channels window.
Then it should just work.

PostPosted: Wed 15. Aug 2018 10:58:40 

Here is a copy of the settings file, i did do a test before where i turned off Return To Home, and removed the channel assignment for Position Hold so that it would be active with Stability, When i tested that, Stability switched on as normal, But position hold did not.

Attachments:
Tune 10-4.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 28 times

PostPosted: Wed 15. Aug 2018 13:04:40 
Site Admin

I recommend to unassign everything from Channels first - but you can leave F: Stabi Function there. Then to enable Return To Home feature only in the GeoLink/Aid tab.
Then it simply must work.

PostPosted: Wed 15. Aug 2018 13:49:52 

I will try that this afternoon when i get home from work and report back.

PostPosted: Wed 15. Aug 2018 22:13:12 

I turned off all aid features except Return To Home, i set return to home to be activated by Stability Mode. Geo Link displayed Steady Blue LED. Nothing happened. Attached is the .4ds file. Below will be additional pictures and a video.

Attachments:
Tune Test 12-1.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 15 times

PostPosted: Wed 15. Aug 2018 22:14:46 

Picture

Attachments:
File comment: Pic from Aid Page
geolink 3.png
geolink 3.png [ 14.68 KiB | Viewed 377 times ]

PostPosted: Wed 15. Aug 2018 22:16:43 

The last 2 were to large for me to attach, Below is a public Link to a Google Drive folder including the last picture and a Video of the test. if you have any issues with the link, please let me know.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sI48Q ... vDkUx0GI_B

PostPosted: Thu 16. Aug 2018 7:37:24 
Site Admin

Thank you very much for the details. It all looks great, which is even more strange.

There is just one thing that is not ideal - Carbon Frame holder. Although it is very nice, this is exactly what should not be used because it is potential cause for degraded performance - either for Compass and also for GPS signal.
It is all conductive and is even bigger than the module itself. I guess that it contain also a conductive bolts, that can be also magnetic.

But first from all I would like to ask you, if your GeoLink has firmware 1.0.1 flashed? Some preordered GeoLinks had version 1.0.0. This is the only thing that could cause some troubles, although nobody else reported anything similar.

We have tested your settings and it is working without any problem in our case. So definitively the problem is not there.

PostPosted: Fri 17. Aug 2018 22:43:07 

Sorry i did not have time to play with it yesterday. But i do today, I checked, the unit did arrive with 1.0.1 already on it. I decided to try Re-Flashing the firmware on both the Spirit Pro and the Geo-Link. I followed that un-checking the Geo-Link in the settings. Then power cycling the Spirit Pro, then rechecking the Geo-Link box and power cycling. I followed this with a re-calibration of the compass in the Geo-Link. Upon completion of calibration i then power cycled the unit and loaded the .4ds file we originally used for the test where Return To Home was activated only by Stabilization and all other Geo-Link Features were not selected and preformed the same test as before. The result was the same as the previous test. I then loaded my original .4ds file with both Position Hold and Return to Home activated by switches (aux 1 and aux 2 respectively). This test also had the same result, no activation. What should i do next?

PostPosted: Sun 19. Aug 2018 2:18:14 

I decided to play around with the settings, it appeared that the Hobbywing V4 Telemetry was still turned on (thought i turned that off). I turned that off, went out to the patio and ran a quick test, return to home articulated the swash plate, and position hold appear to have some effect when moving the location of the Heli. I will do a flight test tomorrow weather permitting and follow up.