It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 22:14:58

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 07. Jul 2018 0:25:24 

Hi, I have a few Spirit reds on 520 size helicopters and I’m using them by way of PWM but lately I am having receiver issues plus i’d Like to give the Spirit FBL governor a try.
So i’m Looking at replacing with one of two new systems and would just like some of your professional advice please.
I would like to go either Futaba S.Bus or Spektrum satellites to keep the wiring simple.
Spektrum don’t seem recommend just satellites without a full size receiver but that’s the setup I would prefer as I don’t want PWM again, is that true and is it safe to only use sat’s and with the red can I still use the governor or would I need to get the Pro?
Futaba would be my second choice but seem to be a bit hard to get here in Australia with mode2 which is what I fly but at least I wouldn’t need to buy a Spirit Pro.
I just want a safe, rock solid connection with no signal loss which is what I’m not getting with my current setup (Devo)
Thank you in advance :)

PostPosted: Sat 07. Jul 2018 11:39:56 

:D Hi Gman, been using Spektrum with the Spirit and very much happy with the simplicity how to setup with and the quality. Overall its up to you mate and wish the best for you money.
Cheers mate...
Syngorextor

PostPosted: Mon 06. Aug 2018 8:03:19 

For those wondering, I went for Futaba using Sbus on a new Spirit Pro.
The reason is for simplicity when using the FBL governor on my other red units and after trying out both transmitters in my hands.
I love the red Spirits but the Pro works noticeably better (especially tail performance) and having tried the governor so far only on the Pro I can say that it has worked perfectly for me first setup and I now prefer it (so much easier) over the Hobbywing gov’
I have a rock solid connection with no more signal losses and I love the way the transmitter works and performs compared to the old one.
Finally I can start to relax again and concentrate on flying rather than not crashing :)
Cheers

ps. What do you fly Zex?