It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 23:20:00

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Noob Connection Help :(
PostPosted: Thu 02. Aug 2018 23:02:02 

Hello all,

I'm setting up my Spirit unit (regular version) to work with the Spektrum 4649T telemetry receiver on my Oxy4 and could use some help getting the telemetry and satellite receivers set up properly as it seems to be different than the Ikon.

This is what is working:
    1. I have the 4649T and ESC connected per the SRXL instructions: into the RUD port and AUX port respectively
    2. Everything works fine when i choose the Spektrum connection settings.
    3. I've run through the setup wizard with no problems and am ready for the maiden flight

Where i'm confused:
    1. To add telemetry to this existing setup which cable will i need to connect the 4649T and the spirit together, and which port will it go into?
    2. I'm using a Hobbywing Platinum V4 60A which has an RPM out cable. Where does this go?
    3. Is it possible to add both a satellite receiver and a Geolink to the regular Spirit unit at the same time?
    4. If so, which port would be used after one of them was plugged into the satellite port. Or would I need to step up to the Pro unit?

Any insight will be helpful. I've read through the manual and I'm sure the instructions mention how to do all this...but I cant seem to figure it out.

Thank you! :D :D :D

PostPosted: Fri 03. Aug 2018 8:34:00 
Site Admin

Hello,

A:
1. I am not sure if your connection is correct - please see these instructions: http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... ntegration
With this receiver you should not use just RUD port. Otherwise it is only working as normal Spektrum satellite.

B:
1. Please see linked instructions.
2. You do not have to use RPM cable if you do not plan to use Spirit Governor. If yes, then please see this page:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... RPM_output
3. Yes, it will be described in the Manual after release. You will need Y cable and Spektrum adapter.

PostPosted: Sat 04. Aug 2018 17:41:24 

Ahh! Thank you very much for the info. Works great now

PostPosted: Mon 06. Aug 2018 6:05:47 

Hi Tomas,

Thanks again for the help earlier, just one more question for you:
I'm going to order a Telem uni cable to enable battery volatage telemetry from my HW ESC and would like to also pick up a geolink. Since they're both supposed to connect to the sat port, you mentioned a Y-cable would be needed? Would this be a new JST Y-cable or somehow use the servo Y-cable thats for sale in the eshop?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon 06. Aug 2018 15:40:40 

Nevermind, i just saw your response on the "Geolink and standard spirit" thread. Please let us know when you guys have photos of what that wiring setup will look like. I don't mind soldering my own connection but just want to make sure that i get all the pins in the right locations. Right now the HW Telemetry and Geolink will both be competing for my solitary sat port :)
Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue 14. Aug 2018 19:22:54 

Ok, Still trying to figure this out. So far I've got the HobbyWing ESC and the 4649t working per the manual with the geolink occupying the only sat port (red spirit).

So all that's left is to hook up the HobbyWing telemetry.

The uni cable for sale in the spirit eshop has a servo plug on one side and a jst connector on the other. Since I'm all out of sat ports, can i just use a Y cable off the RUD port and hook a servo-to-servo cable from the Y to the ESC for telemetry? I noticed in the manual that the red pin needs to be disconnected for this, but other than that are there any other problems with this approach?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed 15. Aug 2018 7:32:31 
Site Admin

I am afraid, but it is not possible to connect everything at the same time with Spirit unit. This is possible only with Spirit Pro as only this unit has enough ports for everything.