It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 16:36:18

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 14. Aug 2018 9:23:52 

Hi, I just received my spirit pro and the additional GPS/compass/Baro.
Installing it first time to my old heli 500 Revo.
Following question:
1. In "advanved tab" I have to set geometry to 6 degree. When I set to about 90 I read -6degree on the rear blade. Ist this correct? My old microbeast showed +6 degree when I remember correctly.

2. Using the android app I can´t change this figure, but I can change when connected via USB.

3. In the manual you write: "Spirit is not an autopilot." However when I use the additional GPS in Pos. hold and Alt. hold it should hover at present position and altitude automatically. Isn`t this an autopilot functiob?

Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Tue 14. Aug 2018 9:40:23 
Site Admin

Hi Tabbie,

1. Instead of looking at the Tabs, I highly recommend to use the Setup Wizard. This will explain you all the procedures and simplify the setup. Configuring parameters directly is good rather for experienced pilots. Yes, it does not matter if it is positive or negative angle, because it depends from which side you are looking at the model.

2. You can change it also in Android app, maybe you are in "Basic mode" or in Bank 1 or Bank 2 (if configured).

3. You should still control the model in terms of disabling the features if there is some risk as flying model is dangerous. For example it can fly without help of the pilot but it can't detect any obstacles while pilot can.

PostPosted: Tue 14. Aug 2018 10:03:03 

Hi, thank you for your fast reply.
However to make it very clear -6 degrees means a negative blade angle in respect to to turning direction. Is this correct? I thought the blade angle should be positive.

An autopilot even on person-carrying aircraft should also always be under the close watch of the pilots. It is only a name of a system which is more or less able to control the steering system in a different more or less sophisticated environment. All the other functions are named "flight management system" which can be coupled to the autopilot.
Forgive me that I insist on this but I´m an old airline pilot and flight trainer and cannot resist to be very clear.

PostPosted: Wed 15. Aug 2018 8:43:12 
Site Admin

Hi,

yes, you are right. In case of Spirit it does not matter, since it is not possible to select direction.

PostPosted: Wed 15. Aug 2018 10:48:17 

Thank you for your help.