It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 13:25:40

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 19. Jul 2018 12:29:22 

Hello everyone sorry if I do two posts in the same day.I installed 3 servos ds92A, on my trex 250 dfc,with Spirit Pro, and I set in the unit the following parameters 1520/333 hz.but I noticed that after 5 minutes of flight become hot, even if I only do hoovering.I can assure that the mechanics of the plate is in order, no blinding / uniball etc etc.I would like to know if this thing is normal, because first the same servos installed on the Micro spirit were never hot with the same settings. are parameters in the unit that I could change to make the servos less hot? I tried to lower them to 200 Hz and I set the bec to 5 volts, the situation has improved, but I have a servo in the tail(KST MS325) that works from 6 volts onwards and the 6 volt and 333 hz has never given me problems, it is always cold, in the same flight configuration. Only the cyclic ds92a become hot.

Are there any parameters beyond the hz, and the volts, which influence the heat of the Gain servos or something else in the unit?

The situation improves at 5 volts and 200 hz, (no very hot)I do not know it is normal to keep them as low as values, and another strange thing the tail servo works perfectly at 5 volts, even if it works at 6 volts(servo database)(KST MS325 Contactless). does anyone know why?

I think now the servos to the touch are around 50 degrees Celsius, that is really very hot and without making 3D, but only with hoovering

WHAT PARAMETERS CAN I change over the hz in the Unit(Spirit pro) to improve the situation?

Thanks

Last edited by Pino74 on Thu 19. Jul 2018 17:12:16, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu 19. Jul 2018 14:36:41 
Site Admin

Hello,

you should set 200Hz according our Servo list.
Servos can be hot if there are extremely high vibrations on the model (rather these at low frequency) or too tight mechanics.
These vibrations can be induced even by cables that are in contact with unit.

If all base parameters such as Geometry 6° is configured correctly, then there is only Elevator Filter value that could make servos more hot.
I recommend to set it at 0 for this model in any way.

By default elevator filter is 2 so it is very likely this is the problem.

Also the problem can happen if unit is not holding firmly.

I also highly recommend to spool up the model without main blades and observe swashplate (then you can also measure vibrations). Is swashplate moving in some way?

PostPosted: Thu 19. Jul 2018 15:00:58 

Thanks Tomas!

Actually I still have to fix the wiring and the unit that I installed Spirit Pro on my trex 250 only for temporary testing, so there may be vibrations! I will test better and I will take the frequency to 200 hz.

I understood one thing,
do I have to set the elevator filter to zero?
at the table without paddles there are abnormal movements of the plate, but I can exclude vibrations

I will check everything better as you told me and update you.

Thank you

PostPosted: Thu 19. Jul 2018 15:10:52 
Site Admin

Great.

If there are movements, then there are unfortunately vibrations - either from moving unit or cables around.
You will see this in the Vibration Analysis.

Yes, Elevator Filter should be not more than 1 for this helicopter. But 0 is better to start.

PostPosted: Thu 19. Jul 2018 15:17:58 

Ok , I am attaching a screen shot of my configuration of the geometry of the cyclic, I left everything by default (facotry setting) is that good?
Last thing I have a Kst Ms325 that works from 6 volts up to 8.4 volts, I have turned the voltage of the bec to 5 volts (for problem too hot)and it works well the same. Is it normal? Is the servo 1 volt less harmful?

Thanks

Attachments:
Cattura.PNG
Cattura.PNG [ 22.56 KiB | Viewed 278 times ]

PostPosted: Thu 19. Jul 2018 17:11:45 

Hi Tomas I put the servos at 200 hz in the unit, better placed the wiring and stopped the unit with a new plate, and I put the filter elevator at zero, but another value and if I correct correct me, it seems to have improved before all these changes lowering the value of the cyclic gain on 45% before it was at 55% However I resolved, now the servos are not even lukewarm.
Thanks