It is currently Sun 12. May 2024 14:00:09

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Connection Problem
PostPosted: Wed 25. Jul 2018 22:46:53 

Unluckely i bought the spirit FBL and i really hate myself for buying such a rubbish. Why cant this program work from the beginning like the Ikon of the MSH Brain?
I have spended several hours just trying to connect this stupid FBL to my macbook air. But it always says that there was no unit detected. Ok its a mac. So i installed the program on my PC, i also installed the driver for spirit. I can set the servo parameters, but when i press on connect the spirit FBL the Spirit Program freezes and doesnt work anymore.
Do you know what issue this is or shall i just throw it away and tell everyone not to buy such a rubbish?

Post subject: Re: Connection Problem
PostPosted: Thu 26. Jul 2018 7:40:14 
Site Admin

Hello,

thank you for your message.
You do not have to spent hours with any problem. It is enough to just write here and we can help you with anything.

First from all you have to see a Device in the Connection tab. If there is nothing it can't work.
If there is nothing it mean that the USB interface driver is either not connected to your Mac/PC or there is no driver installed.
For this verification you do not have to power up the unit.

Please note that for old Mac you have to use old driver. For the latest versions you have to use new version. This is something we really can't affect in any way as we are not manufacturer of the chips.

Available drivers can be downloaded here:
OSX 10.13 and newer: http://spirit-system.com/dl/driver/SiLa ... Sierra.dmg
OSX 10.12 and older: http://spirit-system.com/dl/driver/SiLa ... erDisk.dmg

After reboot you can just plug in the USB interface, power up the unit and once it is initialized just start the software. There is nothing else needed.

Here you can see installation guide for Windows:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... er_Windows

As far as I know there is actually no Mac software for Brain.

Have a nice day!

Post subject: Re: Connection Problem
PostPosted: Thu 26. Jul 2018 10:37:32 

kls1 wrote:
Unluckely i bought the spirit FBL and i really hate myself for buying such a rubbish. Why cant this program work from the beginning like the Ikon of the MSH Brain?
I have spended several hours just trying to connect this stupid FBL to my macbook air. But it always says that there was no unit detected. Ok its a mac. So i installed the program on my PC, i also installed the driver for spirit. I can set the servo parameters, but when i press on connect the spirit FBL the Spirit Program freezes and doesnt work anymore.
Do you know what issue this is or shall i just throw it away and tell everyone not to buy such a rubbish?

Oh Dear!!! What an aggressive abusive message! What you have besides a serious attitude problem is one of the best if not the best FBL units in the world. Spirit also has the best support in the world where if you ask a question Thomas will answer the same day if not the same hour. You are having problems because you fail to read the manual and became angry! Calm down, ask your questions and await an answer and you will soon realise this FBL controller is fantastic and you won't get better support from any other company!!! See if I'm not correct!