It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 14:28:26

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Esc cut off VS Failsafe
PostPosted: Mon 16. Jul 2018 10:38:01 

Hi all, I would like to understand with your help, how the fail safe and the cut off of the esc are handled. In particular the logical priority to which function is assigned? Let me explain better, I have a hobbywing platinium V4.0- 40A Esc, where I read in the instructions that in the case of "Throttle Signal loss" for 0.25 sec the ESC will cut off output immediately. Suppose that this event occurs, but at the same time I have the fail safe set in the unit Spirit micro,that must maintain a certain percentage of throttle for simplicity. 50%, what exactly happens? What operation takes priority?
Thank you all

PostPosted: Tue 17. Jul 2018 8:03:39 
Site Admin

Hello,

if the signal will be lost between ESC and Spirit, then it is handled just by ESC as stated in the manual. By loosing the signal is meant that for example cable will loose its connection.

But if signal between receiver and your radio is lost (unit will not receive any valid signal) then Failsafe is activated. In this case unit will react as programmed in the Spirit unit by setting channels to the failsafe mode. Usually throttle is set to zero. But ESC will not loose any signal, so the first scenario will not happen since Spirit is still sending valid signal to the ESC.

The ESC can't know if any radio signal is lost unless it is connected to the receiver directly.

PostPosted: Tue 17. Jul 2018 12:50:33 

Perfect!

Thanks Tomas!