It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 23:54:18

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 14. Jul 2018 19:47:16 

I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious, but spent half of the Saturday on this.

I can connect to Spirit Pro with USB interface run settings or the wizard, but when it comes to setting up travel and channels, nothing moves there on the screen. It looks like Spirit doesn't see my receiver, which is Spektrum SPM4649T. There are no satellites, just the receiver.

First I tried to connect it like for Spektrum integration (receiver signal to "AIL") - does not work. But then wondered if maybe my receiver firmware is not up to date.

So I reverted back to normal connection - have receiver connected to Spirit with just one 3-wire cable connected to RUD port on the Spirit. Still does not work.

The receiver is bound to my radio and powered. I can see it starts after powering everything on, as I see the telemetry indicator on the radio screen showing up as soon as I power on the heli. However telemetry shows 0 for rx voltage (not sure if this is correct).

But Spirit doesn't seem to see anything from the receiver..

The receiver type I select SRXL/SUMD. But have tried almost all others too.

I have a telemetry cable connected to SAT1, just wondering now if this is confusing the spirit?

Why doesn't Spirit work?

Update: Forgot to mention, I updated Spirit to latest firmware 2.4.3. Didn't help.

PostPosted: Sat 14. Jul 2018 19:57:06 

Update: I've disconnected telemetry cable from SAT1 just in case. Didn't help.

The spirit moves the servos after startup and also when moving the heli. But accepts no input.

PostPosted: Sat 14. Jul 2018 20:11:56 

Hold on, tried integration cable and "DSMX satellite setup" and something seems to be moving, testing it..

PostPosted: Sat 14. Jul 2018 23:20:02 

Got it working with spektrum signal going to ele/pit/ail and dsmx as receiver type. Maybe lowering the voltage from 8 to 6V which I did somewhere in between helped too, I read about 4649 having problems with that. I will test more, as I want to run it at 8V. Not sure why it didn't work as srxl, but I have working solution for now. The setup wasn't easy I have to say...

Wysłane z mojego SM-T813 przy użyciu Tapatalka

PostPosted: Sun 15. Jul 2018 0:26:52 

It's because you have to bind the 4649T using the instructions in the manual to the 4649t.

Check the manual, but in short you basically have to feed it power and put a bind plug into the connector on the wire to the 4649t itself.

It does not bind the way satellites do using a bind plug on the spirit.

PostPosted: Sun 15. Jul 2018 10:30:53 

I have bound it right at the beginning as soon as it got some power, before setting up the spirit, so it's probably not a binding problem.. I will also mount a satellite but I wait until this arrives, I'm sure will come here with another problem then ;)