It is currently Wed 15. May 2024 19:29:27

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 26. Jun 2018 19:56:27 

Hi,

i am having some difficulty tuning correctly the rudder, with pitch changes the tail wags.

I used the following parameter in the documentation by setting the rudder (motor values) to Right limit to 126 and Left limit to 150.

I am not sure how i should configure the limits, i tried changing them and the result was that tail part of the ESC did not initialise.
Should i put my rudder max left max right with the Rudder end point box checked ? i am not sure what is the procedure to make sure the ESC still initialises.

I have the gyro set at 90% (rudder gain) on the TX, should i change the rudder common gain to get more control ?

"Rudder end-points (tuning)
Left / Right limit - Sets the minimum and maximum deflection of rudder rotor blades. We recommend setting these values for both directions to the maximum allowed range by the manufacturer of the helicopter. Otherwise, the rudder may not be able to keep the yaw direction during demanding maneuvers and tail blow outs may occur. Do not exceed allowed limit for your model.

Micro helicopters and µSpirit: When Tail rotor is driven by a dedicated motor, the Rudder ESC must be connected to the CH4 port. Rudder end-points are then used to set available Throttle range for the Rudder ESC from 0% (Right) to 100% (Left). We recommend to set Right limit to 126 and Left limit to 150 for the beginning."

PostPosted: Wed 27. Jun 2018 1:13:09 

I just found this explanation and tried it now Rudder is left 100 right 130

My tail still wags... what should I do?

“I just finished setting up Micro on a Blade 230S Couple things to keep in mind Disconnect the tail motor before setup only connect during rudder limit setting. And setting rudder limits is different you adjust Left limit to highest motor speed and then adjust right limit till motor shuts off then go 3 more point on right slider. This is not documented any place I could find I got it from Tomas directly. Also setting level is very important on this little guy and set servo travel limits or your rescue probably won't rescue level.”

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed 27. Jun 2018 7:24:40 
Site Admin

Hello,

please attach your settings so I can check what do you have currently configured in your unit.

Very likely you will need to change Pirouette Consistency and Rudder Delay.
First from all you can decrease Pirouette Consistency to the lowest value.

PostPosted: Wed 27. Jun 2018 7:25:13 

Is it a fast wag or slow wag?

PostPosted: Thu 28. Jun 2018 1:54:06 

Thanks Thomas,

it happens when i use the pitch and it give a wag and stops but with the 203S original controller it did not behave this way.

here are the files

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

please attach your settings so I can check what do you have currently configured in your unit.

Attachments:
B3june27.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 36 times
B2june27.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 31 times
B1june 27.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 34 times

PostPosted: Thu 05. Jul 2018 19:52:19 

I am quite sad and it’s hard to resolve my problem what is the best way to send these request for help from SPIRIT ?

Thanks

Pking wrote:
Thanks Thomas,

it happens when i use the pitch and it give a wag and stops but with the 203S original controller it did not behave this way.

here are the files

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri 06. Jul 2018 10:57:10 
Site Admin

Hello,

I have reviewed your settings. I recommend to set Rudder Delay to 0 first.
Then decrease Gyro Gain in your radio until you will see no wag. Always when there is a wag, you should decrease Gyro Gain.

Then you can just increase Rudder Revomix to the point when it will hold well while doing a pitch pumps. I recommend to set value of 4 here.
If it will still not hold well in other situations and steering will be not too precise, you can start increasing Pirouette Consistency by 10. But not more than 160.

Your original controller was very likely tuned specifically for this helicopter, but Spirit units are designed to work everywhere so it is required to set it to this model specifically.

I believe that after decreasing Gyro Gain and increasing Revomix it will help a lot.

Here we have national holidays in our country at these days, so my reply is unfortunately delayed.

PostPosted: Fri 06. Jul 2018 13:52:21 

Thanks will try all the changes.

Have a great time off.

Regards

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk