It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 19:41:30

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 03. Jul 2018 19:01:01 

is there any way to do it?

i have a 130s that i've changed out my main and tail esc to blheli esc's. I have a problem when i spool up, the tail won't start unless i move the rudder stick. It caused a crash already because i took off with the tail motor off and spun out. I'm assuming it's because the low point on the calibration is off.

the 2 recommended endpoints in the manual for motor driven tails, what is that in pwm? I don't have a scope to check it out on my own. I can do trial and error, but wondering if there's an established process already.

thanks,
-Jarad

PostPosted: Tue 03. Jul 2018 19:04:28 

I found this info it works to get the ESC to activate.
But... I am getting some tail wag when doing a pitch pump and I am waiting for Thomas recommendations

Recette:
I just finished setting up Micro on a Blade 230S Couple things to keep in mind Disconnect the tail motor before setup only connect during rudder limit setting. And setting rudder limits is different you adjust Left limit to highest motor speed and then adjust right limit till motor shuts off then go 3 more point on right slider. This is not documented any place I could find I got it from Tomas directly. Also setting level is very important on this little guy and set servo travel limits or your rescue probably won't rescue level.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed 04. Jul 2018 7:19:38 
Site Admin

Hello,

please make sure that the Rudder Control Type is configured to Motor. This is very important.

Then please move with the Rudder End-point sliders according our manual. So that you will find where is stop position and where is full throttle position for the Rudder ESC.
In our upcoming version it has improvements in that area to be as clear as possible. So it should help a lot too.

PostPosted: Wed 04. Jul 2018 18:27:09 

i have it set to tail motor. i'll mess with it, i have a new main esc coming, so i need to rewire a few things. It's annoying on the 130s b/c the spirit is buried in the frame.

thanks

PostPosted: Thu 05. Jul 2018 4:52:56 

ok, i now have 2 new and different blheli esc's on this heli. My tail will not start on it's own. i have to move the rudder stick for the tail motor to start up and start working.

any thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon 09. Jul 2018 4:32:23 

Bumping because I edited my previous post.

Tail motor is not starting on own.

PostPosted: Mon 09. Jul 2018 7:25:41 
Site Admin

Hello,

the tail motor should not start on its own until throttle for the main rotor is engaged. Otherwise in case you will just take the model and move with it, it would start the tail motor.

So you have to just start the main rotor slowly and tail rotor will engage too.

PostPosted: Mon 09. Jul 2018 21:32:20 

it doesn't though.

i start the main rotor..blades off...and the tail motor is not moving. If i physically move the model back and forth, the motor still does not start. It's only if i move the rudder on the radio does the tail motor start working.

i can take a video

PostPosted: Tue 10. Jul 2018 12:47:43 
Site Admin

It look like the Rudder end-points are not configured well.
One limit should be configured so that the Tail is right before value when it starts to spin the ESC motor.
Other limit must turn the tail rotor to the highest RPM but right at a value when there is no more increase in speed.
When you will connect for example servo instead of the tail ESC you will see how it is reacting.

Maybe your Gyro Gain is also too low. By default I recommend value of 50%. You can verify if the value is really configured in the Diagnostic tab.
You should see around 50% and Head Lock mode there.

PostPosted: Wed 11. Jul 2018 6:24:24 

Here's a video to show you what is happening

I even reflashed the firmware. I did not redo the setup, it was saved. I'll try factory defaults next and start over.

https://youtu.be/2YHYHBBqtfk