It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 16:07:15

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 14. Jun 2018 16:31:56 

I have recently re-purposed my Mini Comet for quick lunch break flights at a small park near my office. As such I did not need the previously configured screaming headspeed up to 5000.

I figured it was a good time to switch to the Spirit governor since 4000 is max and that is what I wanted anyway. I also like the ease of the Spirit governor vs. ESC.

I am using 6 poles with a 2 ratio instead of 12 /1 that the Mini Comet really is, based on previous posts here.

The problem I am having is that when I put 4000 in as max, when 100% throttle is fed in through the TX it increases and on the governor page in the software you can see it going up until it hits about 3850, the number then lock and you can hear the motor continuing to accelerate.

The Diagnostic shows that the throttle channel is correctly configured for 0-100 and I can stop this behavior by backing down the throttle to a little under 100% but then it does not show 4000 as the requested speed. Also my concern is if I ran say 99%, if I had an over-speed situation, would the governor disengage and run away like it does at 100%?

PostPosted: Fri 15. Jun 2018 11:02:21 
Site Admin

Hello,

it is unfortunately not ideal configuration to run governor at the max. head speed and 100% TC. Fortunately the upcoming firmware is ready for this and also adds additional ranges for other parameters as well.

So this should completely solve the problem. The question is, how urgently you need it.