It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 13:47:33

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 01. Jun 2018 2:41:35 

I want to connect a SPM4649T receiver to a micro spirit:
1-about the cable:
I saw the image of the jeti cable it is using servo connecters and would rather have JST (small connectors) made to use on my heli.

Should I use the 4 pins connector going in the 4649 and solder a first connector on the GND and POWER wire and have a second connector on the SIGNAL wire ? do I need anything else ?

2:connection:
As I understand from the documentation I connect the GND and POWER connector to the RUD port and the SIGNAL to E/P/A port.

Now if that is ok, I read I should chose the DSMX satellite option?

3:binding the receiver
How do I bind: can I activate it via the PC software ? on wich uspirit port can I connect a bind connection ?

4:can i add exernal telemetry ?
To read amp battery usage, can I to add a SPMA9605 flight pack batt energy sensor ?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri 22. Jun 2018 3:23:03 

I never received a answer, I saw that another FBL has the feature to support a module like the Spectrum SPMA9605.

Is it supported now ? If not do you expect to enable the feature on Spirit and on the uSpirit?

Thanks

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri 22. Jun 2018 9:31:23 

Hello Pking,

- You can use the RX-cable, which is shipped with the µSpirit to the 4649T or you use the receiver cable and connect + and - to "rudder" on the µSpirit. Signal goes to the "A" of E/P/A

- The other branch of the receiver cable is used for the bind plug only once.

- Yes, in the software you need to choose "Spektrum Satellite" since the 4649T acts as one.

- For the battery pack voltage you need to connect the wire, that came with the receiver and hook it up to the second port.

- To be able to reed data from the ESC you need to use a listed ESC from the manual.
I have good results with Hobbywing Platinum 25A and 40A. You DON'T see current and capacity with these ESC's
A window to display the ESC readings in telemetry is only implemented in the newest generation of Spectrum TX!

- No, for an external sensor there is no Xbus port or data port on the 4649T

I have three 250 size helis with Spirit and 4649T in use.
For the 450 size I use AR6600T with Unisens-E. This setup shows also current, capacity and height.

Kluftinger

PostPosted: Tue 26. Jun 2018 19:18:17 

Thanks Kluftinger,

i will configure the 4649T with your feedback and i will wait other telemetry modules are supported thrue the FBL for the amps discharge.

Kluftinger wrote:
Hello Pking,

- You can use the RX-cable, which is shipped with the µSpirit to the 4649T or you use the receiver cable and connect + and - to "rudder" on the µSpirit. Signal goes to the "A" of E/P/A

- The other branch of the receiver cable is used for the bind plug only once.

- Yes, in the software you need to choose "Spektrum Satellite" since the 4649T acts as one.

- For the battery pack voltage you need to connect the wire, that came with the receiver and hook it up to the second port.

- To be able to reed data from the ESC you need to use a listed ESC from the manual.
I have good results with Hobbywing Platinum 25A and 40A. You DON'T see current and capacity with these ESC's
A window to display the ESC readings in telemetry is only implemented in the newest generation of Spectrum TX!

- No, for an external sensor there is no Xbus port or data port on the 4649T

I have three 250 size helis with Spirit and 4649T in use.
For the 450 size I use AR6600T with Unisens-E. This setup shows also current, capacity and height.

Kluftinger

PostPosted: Wed 27. Jun 2018 7:32:12 
Site Admin

Pking wrote:
I want to connect a SPM4649T receiver to a micro spirit:
1-about the cable:
I saw the image of the jeti cable it is using servo connecters and would rather have JST (small connectors) made to use on my heli.

Should I use the 4 pins connector going in the 4649 and solder a first connector on the GND and POWER wire and have a second connector on the SIGNAL wire ? do I need anything else ?

2:connection:
As I understand from the documentation I connect the GND and POWER connector to the RUD port and the SIGNAL to E/P/A port.

Now if that is ok, I read I should chose the DSMX satellite option?

3:binding the receiver
How do I bind: can I activate it via the PC software ? on wich uspirit port can I connect a bind connection ?

4:can i add exernal telemetry ?
To read amp battery usage, can I to add a SPMA9605 flight pack batt energy sensor ?

Thanks

1) You should use the servo cable that is described in the Spektrum Integration guide. Not a 4 pin connector.
We are providing Jeti integration cables also for uSpirit units. So with this you will have direct connection with no modifications required.

2) Yes, you are right.

3) Biding is done via a Bind plug as described in the Spektrum integration guide.

4) I guess that this is not possible and you will need a full size telemetry enabled receiver. For current reading you will need a telemetry enabled ESC that can provide such data. Unfortunately there are not too many in such small size.

PostPosted: Sat 30. Jun 2018 16:08:55 

Kluftinger,

The link I found for the Unisens-E does not indicate Spektrum, but apparently it works. Is this the product you are using with the 6600T?

https://www.precisionaeroproducts.com.a ... try-sensor

Thanks.

Kluftinger wrote:

Kluftinger