It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 11:39:21

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 03. Jul 2018 8:20:26 

Hello everyone, I finally managed to have the telemetry on the dx8 gen 2 radio and the integration thanks to SPM4649.is the first time, that I use it then the questions are silly and banal. In practice I followed the guide to install the 4649 on the spirit , and everything works fine also the integration.but I noticed that in the fields and values ​​that I have on the radio are all empty and still, battery voltage, and other parameters still, the only thing I can receive is the operation of the ESC because it was connected to the spirit.
I wonder, but to have other flight data, for example flight log, battery voltage, main battery voltage etc, the spm4649 is not enough, I need sensors, or additional connections?

In its features I read, but on my radio everything is still and empty, I repeat I can only receive the function of the esc (hobbywing 40 amp plaitium v ​​4.0)

Telemetry options include:
Provided directly from receiver
Flight log data
Battery voltage
RPM
Lap Timer

Thanks

Last edited by Pino74 on Tue 03. Jul 2018 14:04:19, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 03. Jul 2018 13:48:29 

Hello Pino,

did you perform the "Auto config" in the telemetry menu on your DX8g2???

All the sensors must be "introduced" to the system for the first use.

PostPosted: Tue 03. Jul 2018 13:50:28 

Try Now, if wait 5 minutes i update you

PostPosted: Tue 03. Jul 2018 13:57:13 

done autoconfiguration, but nothing has changed, I hope not to misinterpret the telemetry but everything is stopped with values ​​not in line temperature etc, the only correct values ​​are those of the ESC and then there is only a count down in the flight log that it works.the rest I can not understand anything, they are all empty fields and still, as photos

Attachments:
Cattura.JPG
Cattura.JPG [ 33.88 KiB | Viewed 494 times ]

PostPosted: Wed 04. Jul 2018 4:30:08 

What esc are you using?

You will only see data in the esc data screen and the mah screen and you will see fades etc on another.

Did you have your flight pack connected when you took those photos?

I'm running dx8 g2, Hobbywing 130a and spirit pro and it's working well, including setting mah alarm.

PostPosted: Wed 04. Jul 2018 6:31:41 

Hi, there are two different telemetry "sources" here. Easy to get confused. (I did at first) It will also help to understand where to look for setup and diagnostics, if things doesn't work.

Spektrum only allows one "active" telemetry session.

There is telemetry from the SPM4649T. Only works if you are using sensors plugged directly into it. Drone racers will use this and plug their sensors and laptimer into the 4649T. We do not use any of this.

There is telemetry from the Spirit. This is what we use. In our setup, the SPM4649T is only there to enable bi-directional communication between the Spirit and the TX. The SPM4649T does not add any telemetry data to the comms. It is only a "pass-thru".

So you have to go into the Spirit settings and enable ESC telemetry (Advanced menu - Telemetry settings) and then also the steps in the TX as you have done.

PostPosted: Wed 04. Jul 2018 7:26:00 
Site Admin

Hi,

please make sure that your ESC is updated to the latest firmware version and that you are using the Telem UNI cable.
You have to see Voltage, Temperature, RPM in the Status ESC. Unfortunately this ESC can't provide current or capacity measurements.
Right now it look like connection is not good or ESC telemetry is disabled in the Spirit unit.

PostPosted: Wed 04. Jul 2018 8:38:20 

Hi guys, thank you all for your help.

For Campbell i have Hobbywing Platinium 40 amp v 4.0

For Dawiev many thanks for your clarification. I understand now how the spirit works on telemetry.

For ZeXx86, I do not have the Telem Uni cable, I did not even know that it existed, I built only the Jeti cable from the spm 4649 to the spirit and it works well ... but I did not need another cable (telem)

Can I build this cable(TELEM uni cable) from me? I have the jst and the servo plug (futaba / jr) at home and I'm able to crimp.When this cable is connected, from the esc where there is the input port to program the esc (hobbywing) and on the spm 4649 where there is the input / output jst?

In software pc spirit, i have enabled telemetry for hobbywing

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed 04. Jul 2018 8:42:22 
Site Admin

We have all described in the manual:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... _Telemetry

Yes, you can build this cable. But if built improperly, it can fry the unit or the ESC.
Red wire from both JST and Servo connector should be disconnected.
Yellow to yellow, brown/black to brown/black. So only two cables are needed and red must be always disconnected. If not, then there would be a big problem.

PostPosted: Wed 04. Jul 2018 8:50:49 

Thanks ZeXx86

Ok so I just have to connect two external cables to the connectors and make sure that the central (red) of both the connectors is disconnected right?