It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 19:52:09

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Governor problem
PostPosted: Sat 24. Mar 2018 14:14:05 

Hi,
I have a problem about governor, when it engages it pushes the motor to the limits although requested rpm is lower than actual,I see it through telemetry and wifi module,
telemetry and actual rpm are same, but its way over than requested

Post subject: Re: Governor problem
PostPosted: Sat 24. Mar 2018 15:58:01 
Site Admin

Hello,

could you send more details about your model, share settings, what sensor do you use and related things, please?
Then I will be able to help you.

When testing the governor, is your throttle curve flat and above 50%?

PostPosted: Sat 24. Mar 2018 16:38:32 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

could you send more details about your model, share settings, what sensor do you use and related things, please?
Then I will be able to help you.

When testing the governor, is your throttle curve flat and above 50%?

I was at the field to test, but now I'm at home, I can write detailed :)

Here is my configuration:
Heli is trex600 with os91hz. Power system is Align b6t 2in1 regulator, and servos ds615s and ds655 at rudder. Telemetry unit is Spektrum tm1000, gov sensor is align governor sensor , radio is DX9 and as you can guess fbl is Spirit ;)

Gov sensor is powered from Spirit's satellite port.

I realized that my headspeed is way too higher than it supposed to be, then I landed and opened wifi interface. Spooled it up again while governor page is opened at an ipad, asked for help from a friend to check "requested rpm" and "actual rpm".
The strange side of this problem is that the headspeed rpm on telemetry of DX9 and actual rpm value at spirit wifi governor page are approximately same, but requested rpm is lower.
For example;
I use flat throttle curve at 80% which corresponds 2100 rpm at spirit governor settings ( requested rpm)
Then I try to fly the heli but it screams crazy and telemetry headspeed shows 2350-2400 unstable rpm. Then I check it with wifi interface; actual rpm is same with radio telemetry but higher than it should be, and requested rpm is still shows 2100 rpm.
Then I decreased the flat throttle curve value, but the problem persists.

PostPosted: Sun 25. Mar 2018 10:17:04 
Site Admin

Hello,

thank you for description. This is really strange.
Do you use two RPM sensors?
How you are connecting the RPM sensor to TM1000 and to the Spirit unit?
This could cause incorrect/unstable readings if same sensor is used for two devices.

When you are spooling up the helicopter, is the collective pitch in the middle?
Could you send me your settings please?

I recommend to set Spoolup Rate to Slow, Governor Response to low value (1-3) and Holding Performance to 1 first.

Can you tell me if spoolup is slow and smooth and all looks good during this procedure? (except it is reaching too high RPM)

PostPosted: Sun 25. Mar 2018 11:09:16 

You are welcome,
I’m using single sensor to read telemetry and govern the engine.
I use Y harness made by myself;) One lead goes to Spirit, + and - leads are coming from Spirit’s satellite port and one signal lead goes to tm1000 yelemetry unit’s rpm port.

Spool up is fine, pitch angle is close to 0deg while spooling up,

Rpm reaches top rpm of engine smoothly :D and at wifi screen current rpm is much higher than requested , this is so strange
I ve been using spirit pro gov wth 700x for a long time and I have never seen this kimd of behaviour from governor

PostPosted: Sun 25. Mar 2018 11:42:59 
Site Admin

Could you disconnect RPM cable from TM1000? I am afraid that this solution can cause a troubles. The signal should go always only to one device and the wire should be as close as possible otherwise all sort of interferences can be picked up on the line.

PostPosted: Sun 25. Mar 2018 12:52:17 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Could you disconnect RPM cable from TM1000? I am afraid that this solution can cause a troubles. The signal should go always only to one device and the wire should be as close as possible otherwise all sort of interferences can be picked up on the line.

Sure, I'm going to try that, but this connection type was working with brain, then I bought a Spirit and put it onto heli.

By the way, it wasn't problematic while I was powering the gov sensor from TM1000, I changed as it's written on the Spirit manual gov section using satellite port to power the gov sensor with 3.3V.

Power was supplied by TM1000 to the gov sensor and it was working OK, I changed wiring to be at the safe side,my opinion was if something happens to TM1000, I should be able to fly with governor. After I change the wiring this over-rev problem appeared.

Can it be about sensing divider? It's set to 1 , as you know there is two magnets at fan of Trex600 but one of them is upside down.

PostPosted: Mon 26. Mar 2018 7:39:36 
Site Admin

It could work with TM1000 together if it worked previously, but I suggest it to minimize any possible influance.

Hmm, maybe you have found the problem.
In our testing usage of two magnets with opposite sense was not working well. Is there a chance to change direction of one magnet? Then you will have to put Sensing Divider to 2.

PostPosted: Sat 31. Mar 2018 20:29:06 

Hi there,

I solved the problem today, I re-flashed 2.4.3 firmware, then governor started to work correctly,

Now it works like a charm,

it works with two magnets, one of them is upside down just like the other units do,and it reads rpm very stable, by the way.

thanks for your support

PostPosted: Sat 31. Mar 2018 21:24:41 
Site Admin

Thanks for great message!