It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 13:46:11

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 28. Mar 2018 18:42:08 

Hi Tomas,
I have an Spirit Pro and I had tested it on the table. First I will declare what I have programmed (Spektrum DX18). I have taken the Channel 7 and the switch "B" to activate the bankswitching, in Diagnostic it works. Additionally this switch is also for Flight-Mode (Normal, Stunt1 and Stunt 2).
For activation of the stabilisation/rescue I took the channel 8 in the function F:stabifunction. For activation I took the switch "A" -
Now my wish was to activate different stabilisation in bank 0, bank 1 and bank 2. So I defined for me to set in the bank 0 the stabilisation (normal), in the bank 1 the rescure (normal) and inthe bank 3 the rescue (acro) - so far so good- so my thinking is, so long I don't activate the switch "A" it does nothing happen to rescue or stabilisation. I think in my mind that's ok -
In the Diagnostic Tab all functions are ok (bankswitching and activation of stabilisation or rescue). Now I set my goblin 500 Sport on the table and tested all the functions I have programmed. If I switched to stabilisation, nothing happens to the swashplate, I think it's ok. If I switched to rescue the swashplate jumps to 60% pitch (positive), also by rescure (acro) but inverse of.
Then I thinked I will test it by hand, set the pitch to 50% in transmitter and hold the heli in the air (motor is not running) turned on the back an activated the rescue, at first it works but if I hold the heli longer (with activated rescue) on the back the horizon changes to landing skid in the air (rotor of the ground). The same behavior by rescue (acro). After that I set the heli with the skids on the table, deactivated the rescue and waited, but now by switching the "rescue switch" the swashplate jumps up and nicks behind, I waited a little time and the swash nicks in front down - I took the heli and turned so long that the swash was horizontally, but then the skids are in the haven and the rotorhead down (Heli on back) - I deactivated the rescue and set the heli on the skids. Then I pulled out the batterycable and waited a short time. Then I pushed the cable of the battery with the esc, it initialisiesed correctly an activated rescue. The direktion of rescue is ok again-
Now I am not shure if I have a problem or test so that would not work, I don't know - I just want not smash my heli down on the ground if I activate rescue - please can you explain me if the "test" does not work so or if I have an problem with the FBL. Thanks a lot in advance !

Matthias

PostPosted: Thu 29. Mar 2018 7:48:17 
Site Admin

Hi,

the testing procedure of rescue is unfortunately wrong. This is because helicopter will never do the same things in the air what you are doing at the table, without motor turned off and with no stick input.
The algorithm is learning from the stick input and from model behavior, so unfortunately at the ground you will not find if it is working well.

But there is simple way how to verify it without any risk reliably.

You can check the bottom Note at this page:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... ise_Rescue

PostPosted: Thu 29. Mar 2018 9:30:13 

Hi Tomas,
thanks for your answer. I will test it early but maybe not this or next week - I promise that I give here an answer as soon as for me possible.

lg Matthias

PostPosted: Sat 14. Apr 2018 18:55:05 

Hi Tomas, hi guys,

here my answer as promised a short time ago. Today I had time to fly an the weather was beutiful and less of wind. At first I flyed around an landed after 4:30 min, then after the rotor was standing still I pushed my button at the DX18 for stabilisation and the swash was always leveld - great ! In the second flight I pushed the button of the stabilisation, it worked !
So I am very happy about that and will test tomorrow the rescue, but I think this will work perfect too. 8-)
The flybarless is very directly and the flying feeling is very well :D
Now all I have to do is to adjust the rear and swashplate gain and the rotation speed -

I wish you all a good weather condition and a nice weekend

lg Matthias