It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 11:50:04

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 18. Mar 2018 14:29:24 
Site Admin

Hello,

unfortunately if FrSky integration cable is connected for longer time (more than a minute) it could damage processor and either the FrSky integration cable. If connected in the wrong way the cable will become very hot first, then something can fail. Probably we should make it more clear or add a protections so it can't happen in the future.
But don't worry, we will repair it in one day and it will work perfectly again.

Regarding your connection it looks good, except I can't see the FrSky integration cable. I would just connect both BEC leads to the unit. Second can be at the CH0 port.

PostPosted: Sun 18. Mar 2018 16:18:21 

Hello Tomas,

I mean, the cable did not get hot, but I am not sure. It was probably connected incorrectly for more than a minute. It is already clearly described how it is connected correctly. Another sketch:
Attachment:
Schema2.jpg
Schema2.jpg [ 91.77 KiB | Viewed 217 times ]
Is it really that correct? That's exactly how I wired it first. But Horus and Spirit could not communicate, the Lua script showed only empty masks. In addition, the telemetry data was not transmitted reliable by Unisens-e. This only worked sporadically after a few reboots. That's why I had the FrSky cable trial connected wrong - with evil consequences ...

PostPosted: Mon 19. Mar 2018 8:51:45 
Site Admin

Hello,

yes, it looks to be correct. Just putting secondary BEC cable to the unit would be better.

The only important thing is to connect the FrSky integration calbe in the right direction. There is longer and shorter end which points the direction how it should be connected. Longer cable should be always at the SYS port.

PostPosted: Thu 29. Mar 2018 17:02:08 

Hello Tomas,

now everything is okay. The spirit works again. OpenTX connection and Unisens-e work fine on S.Port. I made my first flights today, Spirit is doing a great job! The helicopter flies very stable, yet supple and precise.
I still have two questions:
I'm with the rear sensivity already at 90%, still no tail swing. What is better, rudder common gain increase and rear sensitivity down again or maybe rudder common gain at 1 and increase the rear sensitivity to 95-100%?
I like the Governor of the Spirits very well, but could still keep the speed even more exactly. I have installed an antique Robbe Roxxy 120, whether the throttle frequency of 200Hz tolerate without defect? Have you ever tested this ESC?
Thank you, Ronny