It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 22:50:36

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 17. Mar 2018 8:44:16 

Hello,

Yesterday I installed my new Spirit Pro on my Goblin 570. The first settings with the software worked very well. The spirit was recognized and so I was able to configure everything. Then I connected the FRSky integration cable. Unfortunately, Horus did not communicate with the Spirit. So I tried the PC software again. Unfortunately, no connection here ... "Unit not detected". The Spirit itself seems to work, the red LED lights up, all control inputs on the transmitter are transmitted to the servos. But no connection to the software. Could the spirit have been damaged by a wrong connection of the FRSky integration cable?

Best regards, Ronny

PostPosted: Sat 17. Mar 2018 15:48:36 
Site Admin

Hello,

that is very sad.
Theoretically the unit could be damaged if the FrSky integration cable is connected in the wrong way for longer time. But it is not too likely. You can find how it should be connected at the guide:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... ntegration

Or at the packaging (label) of the cable.

Are you starting the software after the unit is initialized? (not before)
Do you remember what did you configured as the last thing?

Did you connected stright (normal) cable to the unit, SYS port that is carrying power?

If the unit is initialized normally, it is good sign. Whatever we will find, it can be fixed for sure so you do not have to worry.

PostPosted: Sat 17. Mar 2018 16:45:07 

Hello Tomas,

Thank you for finding time to respond even today. The correct connection of the FRSky cable I had already found, your pages are very clear. When no communication between Horus and Spirit came about, I connected the cable in the wrong way ... my mistake.
Last time I connected the RPM sensor and programmed the governor, it worked well. I turn on the Spirit, wait for the initialization and then start the software. Unfortunately, always the demo mode ...
At the SYS input was only the USB interface and just the FRSky cable. A special feature would still be: a Unisens-e I connected via a Y-cable together with the FRSky cable, that should work?
Anyway, the Spirit works as normal as usual (red LED lights up, control, attitude correction and governor work), only I can not connect to the software. The interface on the computer should be okay. Also, I've tested another Windows laptop and an Ubuntu system. The same mistake ...
I am very happy about your help and I am sure that the spirit will work for me again, in whatever way.

Thanks and best regards.

PostPosted: Sat 17. Mar 2018 16:54:39 
Site Admin

Hello,

Y-cable will work with Unisens-E and FrSky cable together, but the Y-cable must be connected at the side of receiver, not unit - this is very important.
Do you have a multimeter? If yes, you can measure the SYS port and make sure that it is OK.
I will tell you how to do it correctly, it is quite easy.

PostPosted: Sat 17. Mar 2018 16:59:21 

Hello Tomas,

I connected the Y-cable to the S.Port of the X4R-SB, it would have to be okay. I have a multimeter. How can I check the SYS port?

PostPosted: Sat 17. Mar 2018 17:07:37 
Site Admin

Great.

You can disconnect everything from the unit.
Then set measurement range for Ohms (20 - 100 KOhms, or automatic). Then put one probe at any bottom pin of the unit that is Ground. For example bottom pin of the SYS port (where brown wire normally is connected).
And then second probe connect to the middle pin of the SYS port.
Then observe value - it should display value over 40KOhms or even Mega Ohms.
If there is a value under 10KOhm then it is unfortunately damaged - in that case it will be needed to send the unit to us.
Same thing can be done with the upper pin (closer to the SYS label).

Please let me know result.

PostPosted: Sat 17. Mar 2018 17:18:07 

That does not look good ... Between ground pin and middle pin no resistance (nothing measurable), between ground pin and the other pin 573Ohm (display 573 at measuring range 2000 ohms.

Oh, if I set the measurement range to 200MOhm, then 159.4 appears between ground pin and middle pin.

PostPosted: Sat 17. Mar 2018 21:08:01 
Site Admin

Thank you for the details.

Ah, so it look like there is short between Ground pin and Signal pin (where orange wire is normally connected), am I right?
If you increase the resistance range, is the resistance approximately still same?

If yes, then unfortunately it look like one pin was damaged - this could happen when too high voltage/current is applied to the processor (probably happened because of swapped connection).
So it will require to replace the processor unfortunately.
But we can do this just in one day, it is not a problem. It will work as a new one again. So in 3 days it is back with you repaired.

I also recommend to ship the FrSky integration cable so we can make sure if it is OK as well.

PostPosted: Sun 18. Mar 2018 8:19:06 

Hello Tomas,

yes, exactly. The resistance remains the same, even if I change the measuring range. It will be so that the signal pin is damaged. I just annoyed me excessively about my stupidity ... And still, it can be that burns through the wrongly connected FRSky cable equal to a processor? Believe me, except for the USB interface and the FRSky cable, nothing else was in the SYS port. Anyway, broken is broken.
If you could fix that, I would be very happy and thankful.
I'll send you everything tomorrow (including the FRSky cable). But do not stress, it's not hurry.
Thank you very much.

The next time I try to make the connection between Horus and Spirit, I ask again.

I wish a nice sunday and thank you again.

Best regards, Ronny

PostPosted: Sun 18. Mar 2018 9:26:52 

It leaves me no peace ... The picture shows how everything is connected. Is that okay?

Attachments:
Schema.jpg
Schema.jpg [ 84.61 KiB | Viewed 451 times ]