All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 09. Apr 2018 7:44:12 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

thank you for the info.

You can proceed according the manual - please check this page:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... LIMITS_TAB

There in the NOTE for Micro helicopters and µSpirit you can see for what the end-points are.
It is basically the Throttle range for the tail motor. One limit is telling where is 0% (not spinning) and other is for full throttle.

Thanks for the information. I still have a few questions:

- the manual states: ...Throttle range for the Rudder ESC from 0% (Right) to 100% (Left). What does right and left and right refer to? My main rotor turns clockwise, and my fan exhaust is to the right side, so I need more/full throttle (100%) when turning right / rudder stick, where the manual says right = 0%.

- 0% fan spin should happen with full rudder deflection to the left. I can experience that by looking at the fan, when it goes silent. How do I determine whether the throttle is full at 100%? Do I need to just listen whether the fan rpm increases when I increase the rudder limit?

Thx for your input.

Michael

PostPosted: Tue 10. Apr 2018 7:25:32 
Site Admin

Hello,

the right and left sides are referring for the software parameters - Left and Right end-points you can configure in the software.
It does not matter in which way the tail rotor turns.

The naming is same as for the tail servos. This is changed in our upcoming version to make it clear.

Yes, by hearing you can find if it is already at 100% and there is no more increase. At this point you are at 100% where the motor can't spin faster.

PostPosted: Tue 10. Apr 2018 11:37:32 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

the right and left sides are referring for the software parameters - Left and Right end-points you can configure in the software.
It does not matter in which way the tail rotor turns.

The naming is same as for the tail servos. This is changed in our upcoming version to make it clear.

Yes, by hearing you can find if it is already at 100% and there is no more increase. At this point you are at 100% where the motor can't spin faster.

Thanks for clarification!!

PostPosted: Wed 11. Apr 2018 13:29:22 

Hi ZeXx86,
I tried that, with mixed results ;-)

On the right limit I could find the point where the fan stops spinning.

The same on the left side. It stops spinning at acertain value, however the fan only produces maximum 20% trust, almost regardless of the setting. Once it spins, it spins, but does not react to changes to the limit value.

I could also see that in the diagnostic tab, the values range from -118% to 52%. The fan only starts at around 21%. In the transmitter for Ch4 there is no offste or trimming active.

What do you suggest? Would subtrimming help in the spirit menu?

Michael

PostPosted: Wed 11. Apr 2018 16:14:14 
Site Admin

Hi,

the problem look like something wrong in the radio settings.
It should be always from -100 to 100%. But Rudder end-points values are not affecting this at all.

Maybe you are using some mixing there which is affecting it. Trimming or subtrimming should be not needed. With a clean radio profile it will work correctly I guess.
Can you share your settings from the unit please?

PostPosted: Wed 11. Apr 2018 18:42:29 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hi,

the problem look like something wrong in the radio settings.
It should be always from -100 to 100%. But Rudder end-points values are not affecting this at all.

Maybe you are using some mixing there which is affecting it. Trimming or subtrimming should be not needed. With a clean radio profile it will work correctly I guess.
Can you share your settings from the unit please?

You were so right!! I had no mixing or trimming active, but once I created a new model, it worked just as any rudder. And damn, that fan creates a massive thrust... it almost blew my mechanics off the table. This will for sure hold my 4-blade 450 heli.

Thanks agaiin for your excellent support!!