It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 16:29:58

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Spirit pro not working.
PostPosted: Fri 16. Mar 2018 0:04:30 

Hello,

i received today my Spirit Pro unit and i could do the configuration with the pc software. After that i conected a Hobbywing 60A V4 esc in the AUX1 port like here: http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... RPM_output. I powered the esc and now the unit is not connecting anymore to the pc and the LED doesnt light up. The BEC of the Hobbywing is configured to output 6V.

I have conected the unit to a dc power supply with current limiter to test if something is wrong and the voltage was dropping from 5 v to approx. 2 V with 180 mA of current consumption.

Could you please help me with the problem?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Marin

PostPosted: Fri 16. Mar 2018 1:03:10 

There a few general rules to follow when using a Spirit FBL unit.

1) To connect the Spirit unit to the PC/Mac, follow a correct sequence. The Spirit unit needs to be powered (2S LiPo, BEC, etc.) and let initialization complete (solid red LED) and only then start the Mac/PC Spirit program.

2) Computer drivers. The Windows version does not need additional drivers. The Mac version requires installation of additional drivers.

In your case, you are using the HW ESC's internal BEC as the power source. First, verify the HW ESC's power wire is supplying the expected voltage. Then connect the HW ESC's power wire to the AUX1 port (or any of the other 7 power ports. Do NOT connect to SYS or ELE/PIT/AIL ports) and apply power to the ESC with an appropriate LiPo. The Spirit red LED should light up. If it does not light up, then this needs to be resolved.

Does the Spirit red LED light up when you apply power to it?

PostPosted: Fri 16. Mar 2018 8:29:35 

curmudgeon wrote:
There a few general rules to follow when using a Spirit FBL unit.

1) To connect the Spirit unit to the PC/Mac, follow a correct sequence. The Spirit unit needs to be powered (2S LiPo, BEC, etc.) and let initialization complete (solid red LED) and only then start the Mac/PC Spirit program.

2) Computer drivers. The Windows version does not need additional drivers. The Mac version requires installation of additional drivers.

In your case, you are using the HW ESC's internal BEC as the power source. First, verify the HW ESC's power wire is supplying the expected voltage. Then connect the HW ESC's power wire to the AUX1 port (or any of the other 7 power ports. Do NOT connect to SYS or ELE/PIT/AIL ports) and apply power to the ESC with an appropriate LiPo. The Spirit red LED should light up. If it does not light up, then this needs to be resolved.

Does the Spirit red LED light up when you apply power to it?
Hello curmudgeon,

thanks for the fast answer.

Yes, i followed all the wiring rules. I read all the information before y connected power to the unit.

I could config it with the pc software but when i connected the esc and powered the unit from it, the led didnt light up any more. Now i can not connect it to the pc. Is no more recognized and the led doesn't light up.

The first picture is of the voltage of the BEC.

Thanks and best regards,
MarinImageImageImage

Enviado desde mi LG-D855 mediante Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri 16. Mar 2018 10:23:37 
Site Admin

Dear Marin,

I am afraid, but it look like the unit was damaged in some way. The current should not be higher than 40mA in any instance. Higher current mean that there is an internal short.
Unfortunately without more information we can't confirm anything. But here we have very same ESC and testing with him for many months with zero issues.
On the other hand we are also testing each unit individually before shipping for prolonged time.

Connection at your photos is OK.

But dont worry, we can fix anything in just one day. Unfortunately it will be necessary to ship it to us. If you are in hurry, we can then ship it by express carrier so it is with you in 1-3 days.

PostPosted: Fri 16. Mar 2018 10:37:00 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Dear Marin,

I am afraid, but it look like the unit was damaged in some way. The current should not be higher than 40mA in any instance. Higher current mean that there is an internal short.
Unfortunately without more information we can't confirm anything. But here we have very same ESC and testing with him for many months with zero issues.
On the other hand we are also testing each unit individually before shipping for prolonged time.

Connection at your photos is OK.

But dont worry, we can fix anything in just one day. Unfortunately it will be necessary to ship it to us. If you are in hurry, we can then ship it by express carrier so it is with you in 1-3 days.
Dear ZeXx86,

thanks for your reply.

How should i ship it to you? I live in Germany.

Best regards and thanks again for your support.
Marin

PostPosted: Fri 16. Mar 2018 10:51:45 
Site Admin

You are welcome.
You can ship it in any way. Bubble wrap package sent by Deutsche Post is fine. There the price should be near 4€.

Here you can check the prices:
https://www.deutschepost.de/de/b/briefe ... sland.html

It should be 3.7€ if you will ship it as Großbrief Intern. bis 500 g. Delivery is usually in 3 days.

PostPosted: Tue 10. Apr 2018 20:30:31 

ZeXx86 wrote:
You are welcome.
You can ship it in any way. Bubble wrap package sent by Deutsche Post is fine. There the price should be near 4€.

Here you can check the prices:
https://www.deutschepost.de/de/b/briefe ... sland.html

It should be 3.7€ if you will ship it as Großbrief Intern. bis 500 g. Delivery is usually in 3 days.
Hello ZeXX86,

i sent the unit three weeks ago. When would i get it back?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Marin

PostPosted: Tue 10. Apr 2018 21:15:27 
Site Admin

Hello Marin,

I am afraid, but we have not received any package from you :(
It should be there within 3 days normally.

Could you please send me tracking number? That would help a lot.

PostPosted: Tue 10. Apr 2018 21:35:07 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello Marin,

I am afraid, but we have not received any package from you :(
It should be there within 3 days normally.

Could you please send me tracking number? That would help a lot.
Hello,

thanks for the fast reply. I am afraid to hear that. I bought the stamp that you recommended me:

"It should be 3.7€ if you will ship it as Großbrief Intern. bis 500 g. Delivery is usually in 3 days."

I don't know if this method have a tracking number. I have a photo of the package with the stamp. I could send a private mesaage with the photo to you.

Best regards,
Marin

PostPosted: Tue 10. Apr 2018 21:38:48 
Site Admin

Thank you. Phoro would be great.
In any way if we will receive a package with damaged unit, it is sent fixed in one day.
So if it arrived (I dont know your name) then it must be on the way back. But we are sending notifications about it.
I am sure it will be somewhere.