It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 16:41:16

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 13. Jan 2018 11:34:24 

hello,
recently I migrated from futaba to frsky, using x8r receivers ans a horus 10xs transmitter.
I've immediately installed opentx 2.2, due to its increased possibilities for setting up rc models.
I only fly helicopters.
After finding some posts on your Spirit Pro system, with its OpenTx integration, I decided to by 2 spirit pro units later followed by a spirit unit.
I've bought the spirit pro units for a FBL vario benzin with a 90 degrees setup, using 4 servos.
I bought the helicopter completely set up with a bavarian 3x, using 4 Pichler DS 6030 servos for the collective mixing, a Futaba S9253 vor the rudder control and a align bl700H for gas. It functioned good, but needs some trimming to suit my needs. And I prefer to do that from my transmitter It runs on a 2S lipo with a BEC unit with output of 5,7V. I connected a power lead to my receiver and to the SPirit Pro aux 2 channel
I wanted to try a S-bus setup, so I also bought two SBUS converter cables and two frsky integration cables.
The advantage of the S-Bus configuration is the possiblity to use your spirit pro as a governor (I can only put a hall sensor with magnets on the main gear, running at the rotor rpm).
Or, hopefully, at least to measure rotor rpm.

BUt... I can't get the S-bus configuration to work. I tried setting up the system with the wizard, choose S-Bus, rebooted, with a binded receiver, choose the 90 degrees collective setup, connected all servos as per instructions, but... none of the servos seemed to work (they do work!!!).
Even after rewiring everything to PWM mode, in one module, I only got a very abberant output from all servos. Other receiver didn't work either. The frsky itegration did.
So, I tried the other spirit pro unit.
SBUS didn't work either. PWM not on the standard 90 degrees setup, but ccpm 90 Velos did work.
With the standard 90CCPM, using pitch, results in only one servo giving a throw, and i didn't get an output for channel 3. I would almost guess, this standard 90 degrees setup is for a mechanical pitch, as used ie in a raptor 30V2.
So, now I seem to be able to get a good setup, however, in the diagnostic panel (5/10), I have to adjust all endpoints. For some channels, I have to increase the servo travel, which doesn't work in the OpenTX output tab. How to deal with that?

- So... What am I doing wrong, or what are the units doing wrong?
- I'm guessing, that one unit has some kind of problem, I have no idea why the SBUS setup doesn't work.
- Suppose, I'll get the SBUS setup to work, can I use the hall sensor of my Futaba GV governor for rpm measurements?

I recently setup a microbeast fbl system, using sbus with an x6r, and it works flawless. BUt... has no opentx integration.

Your system is very neat, has a nice look, with the metal casing, the possibilities are great, so, I do want to use this system.

I hope you can help me.

Regards, Klaas Pieter Koopmans

PostPosted: Sat 13. Jan 2018 11:49:44 
Site Admin

Hello,

welcome in the Spirit forum!

The reason why the S-Bus does not work for you is, because you are using S-Bus Adapter cable, which is supposed only for smaller Spirit units.

You can see details in the Wiring section of the manual and also in the Setup wizard and in the S-Bus Adapter product description. Please see this:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... S_RECEIVER
Spirit Pro and uSpirit unit has already integrated this inside.

So instead of using S-Bus Adapter cable, use normal cable and all will work immediately.

I recommend to use profile for Horus that we have available here:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... io_Profile
This will solve travel range and will make it ready to fly.

Yes, you should use CCPM 90 Velos. CCPM 90 is really used usually for the Raptor helicopters.

Have a nice day!

PostPosted: Fri 09. Feb 2018 11:59:09 

:oops:
I missed that section in the manual...

It works!

Other question: I'm thinking of using the governor function for this helicopter with Zenoah engine. However, the magnets should be placed in the main gear, which is rotating at the rotorspeed. It has 3 holes for the magnets.

- suggestions for setup?
- does the robbe GV-1 rpm hall sensor work with the spirit pro? Or should I try to find the other suggested hall sensors?
- does the spirit pro system in connection with the cable, also send the rotor rpm via the telemetrycable to the transmitter?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri 09. Feb 2018 13:23:15 
Site Admin

That is great!

You can put 3 magnets inside the holes (with the same polarity).
I think that the Hall sensor might work. You can start the RPM Sensor tester (in the Governor window) which can tell you if it is sensing properly.
In the Sensing Divider it will be enough to set value 3, because 3 magnets will be active. I recommend to verify it well before using any glue.

Yes, you can see the RPM over telemetry - this will work immediately.