It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 18:04:52

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 22. Dec 2017 22:56:34 

Hello I have I am trying to get my stabilization modes to work but can't figure it out. My tx is a jeti ds14. My current set up
is bank 0 rescue normal bank 1 stabi normal bank 2 acro stab. I am using the functions not gyro gain approach. I have f stabi
activated on channel 8. In the diagnose page I can see the banks bar move with my 3 pos switch from bank 0 to bank1 to bank2
I am not using my flight modes switch if that matters. When I press my rescue button I get rescue on all 3 banks but when I am in
banks 1or2 I don't get the script hh + stabil just hh shows up if I press my rescue button while in bank 1 or 2 I get the stabi script.
I flew it to see what would happen . so in bank 0 its fine and rescue worked but when I switch to bank 1 or 2 the heli climbs like
I hit rescue. so no stabi working in banks 1,2 just climbs out when these two banks are activated. I have no mixes set up, tried many
without any luck. Any help would be much app. Thanks

PostPosted: Fri 22. Dec 2017 23:02:36 
Site Admin

Hello,

when the software is running banks are not changed by a switch but just by the software itself.
When you close the software then you can change banks again by assigned switch of your radio.

When flying and doing a modification in software previously, it is important to close the software properly.
The same thing happen when you open the integration menu - it is behaving in the same way as with connected software.
Until it is closed, the banks can't be changed.

So I believe that the problem is just there.

Next update will make it more clear so you will see what is happening and whether the unit is in the configuration mode.

PostPosted: Fri 22. Dec 2017 23:55:29 

Thank You yes I am aware that you have to change the banks channel in the lower portion of the software page to see whats happening
in that channel. When I open the software all my settings are there so it seems as if they are saved but I will try again and make sure to close the software before I disconnect the usb to the heli. Update I finally realised I needed to activate a two way switch to make banks active.
Just having a 3 way switch to move the banks bar just puts you at the selected bank it doesn't activate it. Now I would love to figure out
how to have my zero bank which is my rescue bank only activate when I press my rescue button instead of rescue always being on if I accidentally switch to bank 0 . I have the Jeti ds14 but did install logical switches? any suggestions greatly app. Thanks J Amo

PostPosted: Thu 11. Jan 2018 11:46:41 
Site Admin

Hello,

usage of mixes or logical switch can solve your problem.
You can program it so that if the Rescue switch is pressed, then it will mix channel for Banks so that it will always change to Bank where is the rescue.

PostPosted: Mon 29. Jan 2018 11:05:39 

jamo wrote:
Just having a 3 way switch to move the banks bar just puts you at the selected bank it doesn't activate it.

Why is that? I can't find this behaviour in the manual. Or do you mean that it doesn't activate the stabi function?

PostPosted: Wed 14. Mar 2018 17:17:37 

vvv850 wrote:
jamo wrote:
Just having a 3 way switch to move the banks bar just puts you at the selected bank it doesn't activate it.

Why is that? I can't find this behaviour in the manual. Or do you mean that it doesn't activate the stabi function?

Hi,
it seems no one was answering your question, maybe the issue got already solved...however, just a quick pointer to the Spirit manual that answers your last question:

Check chapter 5.7 (Stabi Tab) - you will read the following:

"From version 2.3.0 you can activate selected Function by two different methods:
Negative Gyro Gain
Separate Channel (NEW)
Negative Gyro Gain method is suitable for radios with low channel count (6 - 7). When you have available unused channel, method with a Separate channel is better and easier."

So, having a 3-way switch assigned to the bank channel allows you to change the bank as stated in an earlier post, but it will not activate the stabilization function that you assigned to the banks. To activate the stability function you have to additionally use either of the two methods in chapter 5.7 (negative gyro gain or separate channel).

Hope that helps,
Peter

PostPosted: Wed 14. Mar 2018 19:01:11 

peterst wrote:
vvv850 wrote:
jamo wrote:

Hi,
it seems no one was answering your question, maybe the issue got already solved...however, just a quick pointer to the Spirit manual that answers your last question:

Check chapter 5.7 (Stabi Tab) - you will read the following:

"From version 2.3.0 you can activate selected Function by two different methods:
Negative Gyro Gain
Separate Channel (NEW)
Negative Gyro Gain method is suitable for radios with low channel count (6 - 7). When you have available unused channel, method with a Separate channel is better and easier."

So, having a 3-way switch assigned to the bank channel allows you to change the bank as stated in an earlier post, but it will not activate the stabilization function that you assigned to the banks. To activate the stability function you have to additionally use either of the two methods in chapter 5.7 (negative gyro gain or separate channel).

Hope that helps,
Peter

That's what I understood from the manual. I was asking more details because I was mainly curious if there was something more to it.

If you think about it, without a second switch, you couldn't use the banks as every bank change would activate rescue.

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed 14. Mar 2018 19:36:12 
Site Admin

Sorry, I have missed your question.

You can use just one switch to activate Rescue/Stabilisation/Normal flight and switch between them by one switch.
You can just unassign Gyro Gain in the General/Channels window. Then in the Banks where you want to activate Rescue or Stabilisation set Sensor/Rudder Gain to -60% or gain that you fly normally.

Is this what you want?

I have maybe not understood your question.

PostPosted: Thu 15. Mar 2018 16:15:38 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Sorry, I have missed your question.

You can use just one switch to activate Rescue/Stabilisation/Normal flight and switch between them by one switch.
You can just unassign Gyro Gain in the General/Channels window. Then in the Banks where you want to activate Rescue or Stabilisation set Sensor/Rudder Gain to -60% or gain that you fly normally.

Is this what you want?

I have maybe not understood your question.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

I was just curious about what the OP thought initially. I understand how the banks and rescue work.

Thanks