It is currently Tue 16. Apr 2024 6:15:01

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 15. Dec 2017 20:22:27 

Hi!

I'm setting up a new heli (TDF), with 14SG, scorpion onto 6s ESC (no bec), r7003sb.
I've got the FrSky cable in place, with red pin split our to AIL port. Short section goes into RX, long section to FBL.

*MOST* of the time, upon power on, the heli reports "no throttle" from the ESC. At the same time, I have no controls working either. Diagnostics show no movement from the transmitter on any channel. It's as if the Spirit doesn't see a RX at all.

If I switch to a normal SBUS Cable (not the FrSky one) then it works.

Last night, I had the FrSky cable working. At the time I had some (a few) no-throttle warnings from the ESC but I thought it was my wiring. I have since then removed all joiners and soldered everything direct. However this morning, with no change it fails. I think out of 10 power on attempts it has worked perhaps once.

I've attached settings.

Ideas?

Attachments:
File comment: Settings
16th Nov 2017.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 42 times

PostPosted: Sat 16. Dec 2017 0:13:48 

To follow up: I've since plugged in a REX3 Jeti RX, changed the input on the FBL to Jeti, restarted FBL, it works.

Tried the Futaba again, and it fails with the FrSky cable and works with the SBUS inverter...
So, broken cable maybe?

PostPosted: Sat 16. Dec 2017 17:19:32 
Site Admin

Hello,

can you describe how the Futaba receiver is powered?
The problem could occur, if receiver is powered later than the unit. Because during powerup the unit is checking presence of the FrSky cable.

Some modification could cause potential issue, since we have not tested it in other configurations. Was the cable modified in some way? Are cables longer now?

Here we have latest modification of the Futaba SBUS2 including change from ROXXY ESC to KONTRONIK (slot 8) sensor in the transmitter.
http://spirit-system.com/dl/fw/spirit-fw-2.4.6.4df

Maybe it could also improve the situation.

PostPosted: Sat 16. Dec 2017 20:29:58 

There is a single 16g wire from the BEC. This splits into two at the FBL. One goes to the FBL the other to the receiver.

A friend has a spare cable, so I might go and get that and try it - to rule out a FRsky cable issue.