It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 12:16:01

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 11. Dec 2017 7:52:53 

Hi.trying to setup governor in nx4.going to use the align rpm sensor.Im pretty sure ive mounted the magnets in the fan wrong(i put one north pole and one south pole facing up).I had sensor divider set to 2 and got an rpm quite low(around half).so I thought maybe its only sensing one magnet and changed sensor divider to 1.rpm was then roughly what I was expecting.so is it ok to run governor with sensor divider set to 1,or should I try and get magnets out and start fresh?will it be accurate this way?also how should the magnets be(im a bit confused).the manual says have magnets active side facing up.what does this mean?thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon 11. Dec 2017 9:10:04 
Site Admin

Hello,

we recommend to put there both magnets in the same direction. Otherwise it will sense just one magnet as you have said. More magnets mean a higher precision.
But if they are glued it could be hard to remove. In that case I recommend to leave it as is.

To find which side is active you can move the magnet under the sensor. RPM Sensor Testing window can show you when it is counting ("doing something"). And this side is what you are looking for.

Then Sensing Divider configured to 2 will be good, because both magnets will work.

PostPosted: Sat 16. Dec 2017 22:05:01 

Hi,thanks for the reply.so I definately only have one "active" magnet,so will run the governor this way for now.ive had a few flights this week with the governor on.its set for 2400rpm.when I do a pitch pump and get to the top and stop the heli overspeeds by about 300rpm.it also drops by about 300rpm during the pitch pump.ive been playing with the governor response and holding quite a bit,but nothing is helping.I read in the manual about throttle range being set to high can affect this.I have 0-100 in diagnostics for throttle,so everything seems right.what.would you suggest I try?thanks.

PostPosted: Sun 17. Dec 2017 17:39:44 
Site Admin

Hi,

first I recommend to set Holding Performance at 1 and then increase Governor Response until it will hold during pitch pumping.
If it will not hold even with the highest settings, then it is possible that you will need to adjust a needle to get more power.
Also make sure that the Throttle Frequency is configured as high as possible (as your servo can handle).
Is the servo strong/fast enough?

PostPosted: Mon 18. Dec 2017 1:12:07 

Servo is kst 589mg,same as my cyclics.throttle frequency is 333hz.will try what you said and let you know how I go.