It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 10:17:07

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 09. Dec 2017 22:48:32 

I converted my Shape S8 from demon to spirit pro. I used the 135 degree reversed swash and the set up went normal, I bound DSMX spectrum satellites. While checking on the bench after I repowered the satellites blink slowly and when I activated throttle hold the collective changed and the collective range was much less. I rebound the satellites but they would only bind in dsm2 and after repowering the spirit the slow blinking returned and the same issue with throttle hold (the pitch curve is the same in the tx which is a dx9). I replaced the satellites and wires and the same thing is happening. Could it be that the 135 degree swash has a bug in it?
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Mike

Post subject: Re: Shape S8
PostPosted: Sun 10. Dec 2017 10:18:42 
Site Admin

Hello,

Spirit unit is not sending any data to satellites, so the satellites don't know what unit there is. This mean that whatever problem is there, it is probably not in any configuration of the unit. Also binding can't change ranges of any channel. So I think that the problem that is present is not related to binding at all.

If satellites are flashing in some way it is usually mark that BEC/battery voltage is dropping too much. For example when servos are moving very quickly (just during initialization pitch pump) there is chance that it could do this.
But they should never flash or change status LED to any other condition than always ON. Only during binding process you should see very rapid flashing.

There is one possibility for slow blinking when transmitter was not turned off and helicopter was re-powered. But this is normal with DSM2 if I am not wrong.

So I think that all the problems are related to very big voltage drops.
To check if this is the case, go to the Diagnostic tab and start the BEC tester. Then observe LED of the satellites. They should never flash.

135° CCPM is used on many helicopters (especially Raptors) so I think there is no bug.

But maybe there is no problem and it is behaving "correctly" as programmed and I just dont understand the problem perfectly -
If collective pitch range is changing, you can verify what your radio is really sending to the unit. In the Diagnostic tab, please move with Collective up and down. It should go normally from -100% to 100%. Then disarm Throttle Hold and move with Collective Pitch again. If the Pitch range will change, it is programmed in your radio for some Flight Mode. While for Hold it is programmed differently.

PostPosted: Sun 10. Dec 2017 23:44:09 

The problem was caused by me binding on the wrong side of spirit pro. Pretty foolish since I have done these dozens of times.
Thanks for the help.
Mike

PostPosted: Mon 11. Dec 2017 9:11:49 
Site Admin

Great.
Thank you for the message.