It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 9:55:58

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 07. Nov 2017 23:00:09 

Ail/Ele configuration very-very slow respond...!

Try to follow up the instruction as possible, but got stuck with slow respond with the swash-plate configuration once leaving the " limits tab". Using DX9/DSMX 2x satts. and not
quite sure of the problem. Cyclic Ring has been increase to the servo limit as per instruction in the limit tab.Relatively new with Spirit Pro from Vbar and Ikon, hope some one can help me out with this issue. The reason to try out the Spirit, is the well suit with
the Rescue and Stabi settings that could safe many-many crash ahead.
Thank you all and just wondering if some one droop in soon.

Cheers and happy Spirit flying. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue 07. Nov 2017 23:09:52 
Site Admin

Hello,

default configuration is working exactly in this way - to be very slow so beginners can fly with it.
To solve it, you only have to increase Rotation speed in the Sensor tab.

Set it for 10 - 11 for both cyclic and rudder and it will be fine. Each parameter has description in the software and also in the manual, so it can help you to find explanation.

Maybe I dont understand the problem correctly, but if you are trying it on the ground, then I think there is no problem.
Swashplate should return slowly. This is different for each FBL unit but in air it will behave also very differently.

PostPosted: Thu 09. Nov 2017 0:08:02 

Thank you ZeXx86, try-out new adjustment in the sensor tab, increase the cyclic even to 16 nothing change in regarding the compensation. Rudder working fine with 11. Try everything from step 1 to 11 over-again and quite frustated .The swashplate tilt to one side and very slow respond to its level position. Using 1520/333 for cyclic servos and 760/560 for the rudder. Any help very much appreciate. I have Vbars and Ikons and such things never happens, as always good and solid compensation respond in the Ail/Ele axes. Thank
you very-very much and hope get it solve soon.
Cheers... Happy SPIRIT flying..

PostPosted: Thu 09. Nov 2017 8:28:03 
Site Admin

Hello,

are you trying it only on the bench?
If yes, then what you are observing is not too important. In the air it will work very differently.
If you are talking about what is happening on the ground, then there is probably no problem at all. What you are observing can be very likely perfectly correct.
Just each FBL system is behaving differently. Please remember, that this is not Vbar nor IKon and what is correct with one, can be wrong with other.

Both Aileron and Elevator should work in the same way on the ground too.
Only make sure that in the Diagnostic tab, you have +/- 100% travel trange for Aileron/Elevator/Rudder and possibly for Pitch.

I highly do not recommend using Rotation Rate 16 for swashplate, maximally 12 if you are flying hard 3D.

PostPosted: Fri 10. Nov 2017 0:26:46 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

If yes, then what you are observing is not too important. In the air it will work very differently.
If you are talking about what is happening on the ground, then there is probably no problem at all. What you are observing can be very likely perfectly correct.
Just each FBL system is behaving differently. Please remember, that this is not Vbar nor IKon and what is correct with one, can be wrong with other.

Only make sure that in the Diagnostic tab, you have +/- 100% travel trange for Aileron/Elevator/Rudder and possibly for Pitch.

I highly do not recommend using Rotation Rate 16 for swashplate, maximally 12 if you are flying hard 3D.
[quote="ZeXx86"]Hello,

PostPosted: Fri 10. Nov 2017 1:03:57 

Thanks very much for such quick respond and much appreciate the ***** service from the forum, terrific. Actually I'm new with the Spirit fbl and going all my way to understand all kind of tricks with the Spirit. Ok, now got something visually clear :
a. With the motor running at full stick the swash just stay at that position...(try with Ele/Ail) won't move back to its level pos.
b. With the motor full stop and throttle low pos. then the swash moving very-very slow to its level pos.
I guess miss something in the setup and have to replace new (blades + linkage) :cry: , after this morning attempt for my Synergy. Going to start all over again, one more time and tryout some one around here, (guess only 1 person) flying Spirit in my town. For all of you guys, thank you very very much and I'm still looking ahead to get something from this|amazing SPIRIT FBL.

Regards...

PostPosted: Fri 10. Nov 2017 7:13:06 

Syngorextor wrote:
Thanks very much for such quick respond and much appreciate the ***** service from the forum, terrific. Actually I'm new with the Spirit fbl and going all my way to understand all kind of tricks with the Spirit. Ok, now got something visually clear :
a. With the motor running at full stick the swash just stay at that position...(try with Ele/Ail) won't move back to its level pos.
b. With the motor full stop and throttle low pos. then the swash moving very-very slow to its level pos.
I guess miss something in the setup and have to replace new (blades + linkage) :cry: , after this morning attempt for my Synergy. Going to start all over again, one more time and tryout some one around here, (guess only 1 person) flying Spirit in my town. For all of you guys, thank you very very much and I'm still looking ahead to get something from this|amazing SPIRIT FBL.

Regards...
What you describe is exactly the way the Spirit is expected to - just give it a try and go flying.

PostPosted: Fri 10. Nov 2017 7:41:29 

:shock: :shock: :shock: ok mate, going to have another try with the Spirit and hope the swash will work properly this time. As per first attempt the swash tilt to the right side and ....guess what....? Ok, looking forward to get there with new settings from the scraps... :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Fri 10. Nov 2017 8:05:00 
Site Admin

Hello,

I believe all will be good.

Previously described behavior is really perfectly correct.
The only important thing is that you will not move with cyclic sticks during spoolup (until liftup) otherwise it will be trying to achieve given position even if your sticks are in the center. But this is common for basically all FBL units.
And especially that the compensations are all working in the correct direction else your heli will always tip over immediately during lift off.
But compensations can be also checked to be 100% certain. If you are not sure you can ask for any detail.

PostPosted: Fri 10. Nov 2017 9:15:17 

:roll: thank you again for your respond. I'll be back to you soon with the new setup/configuration some time this weekend. Ok just few explanations:
1.I try to correct it w/stick imput because was tilt to the right and no way to get back to its position.
2.the swash doesn't compensate at all with motor running at full throttle. Whatever stick position pushed it stay there: once the motor stop then moving SLOWLY to the 0* pith position.
3.Not true; my Ikons and Vbars never behave this way they are precise and compesete in such steady behavior/solid once lift the ground.
Ok mate,planning to have the Spirit pro in all my helis, (8) from 550 to 700
and hopes getting there soon.
Thanks you....