It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 19:52:07

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 18. Oct 2017 6:50:04 

Hi,
I have nearly same set of telemetry configuration with two helis.

One seems to be okay. But the other one's not.

I found) that Heli gives a throttle tick (sudden spike) while sbus.2 connection.
= I tried to change one by one component with other heli.
= and tried many configurations to find out the culprit.

I Guess)
the only thing left is Spirit HW error or its sbus.2 decoding and sending to ESC algorithm is not stable.

= but the thing is the other heli works just fine with same wiring.
= when I connect it by sbus wire, throttle is stable and heli doesn't jerk sporadically.

Should I send this unit in?

Attachments:
E500.png
E500.png [ 224.19 KiB | Viewed 894 times ]

PostPosted: Wed 18. Oct 2017 9:35:38 
Site Admin

Hello,

do you use Futaba telemetry (with modified OpenTX integration cable) when using SBUS2?
Or do you use SBUS2 connection where cable goes to the RUD port?

Please note that SBUS2 connection should be never used if you are not using telemetry from the unit.

PostPosted: Wed 18. Oct 2017 9:42:01 

I used frsky modified cable. from sbus2 port to RUD (black,x,yellow), EL/PIT/AIL (x,rpm,red)

PostPosted: Wed 18. Oct 2017 9:43:29 
Site Admin

Thank you.

Are you using governor on both helicopters? (from ESC or unit?)

PostPosted: Wed 18. Oct 2017 10:23:51 

nope, right now I set it as ESC rpm gov.

I tried almost every combination of configurations.
It's nothing to do with gov.
I tested with both gov. off. same results.

____ part of my writing. (I wanted to make sure before telling you)

tested)
7008sb <-(seems problem; when telem off, issues gone)-> spirit pro
spirit pro <-(seems ok; checked by ESC telem off/on)> ESC (throttle)
this is either with ESC governor / spirit governor on/off --- thought this is the culprit not seems not.
____

PostPosted: Wed 18. Oct 2017 10:33:14 
Site Admin

Thank you for the details.

Well, I am relatively sure that the issue is not in the unit itself. If so, it would not work in any configuration correctly.
What can help is trying to find any difference between setup that works and that does not work.
For example CC cable, BEC voltage, throttle frequency, additional telemetry sensor.

The issue could be on two sides:
a) ESC signal for telemetry and throttle
b) Futaba SBUS2 data processing

Since it does not work correctly just with SBUS2 connection, I guess that it is second option.
In this case a FASSTest modulation, channel assignment, telemetry sensors (if connected) or FrSky cable could make a difference.

FrSky cable is rated for 15V.

PostPosted: Wed 18. Oct 2017 11:11:53 

ZeXx86 wrote:

Well, I am relatively sure that the issue is not in the unit itself. If so, it would not work in any configuration correctly.
What can help is trying to find any difference between setup that works and that does not work.
For example CC cable, BEC voltage, throttle frequency, additional telemetry sensor.

The issue could be on two sides:
a) ESC signal for telemetry and throttle
b) Futaba SBUS2 data processing

Since it does not work correctly just with SBUS2 connection, I guess that it is second option.
In this case a FASSTest modulation, channel assignment, telemetry sensors (if connected) or FrSky cable could make a difference.

FrSky cable is rated for 15V.

1) I tested with Agena BEC from 5V~8.4V (no difference)
2) I tested with difference FrSky modded cable (no difference)
3) I have external voltage telemetry (no difference) / I turned transmitter side telemetry off (no difference)
4) Freqency used are both 200hz. (I've tested with all range and showed same results -- oh when it is 60hz, there seem more ticks)

for channel assignment
- If you mean channels assignment inside of spirit, I may turn a few last channel off after setting in one heli.
(so it's not exactly same but it supposed to be working :-), could it make any difference?

- If you mean telemetry channels... I didn't count every log fields but its ch0~ch16 + 8 ESC value fields
(I think it's same, I will check later)

for FASSTest modulation
- It is beyond my boundary. But I used same SW version.
I lost from here If you say HW is okay.

PostPosted: Wed 18. Oct 2017 11:26:04 
Site Admin

Great - As for Throttle frequency, Castle can operate just with 60Hz max. If Castle telemetry is enabled, then it is automatically changed to 60Hz, but still I recommend to set it at 60Hz in any way.

Last few channels are not a problem. If the Throttle channel has same configuration it should make no difference.

I have realized that theoretically If there is a hardware problem, then it is just at the AIL pin. In this case you are right, that it could be unit. Because this pin is not used in SBUS (1) connecton.

Ultimate proof is to swap your units. But I guess you dont wish to remove it from working heli.

If unit will be bad, we will also send you free double sided tapes.
Regarding FASSTest modulation - you can change parameters in your radio in the SYSTEM menu where you are binding with receiver.

PostPosted: Wed 18. Oct 2017 12:39:39 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Great - As for Throttle frequency, Castle can operate just with 60Hz max. If Castle telemetry is enabled, then it is automatically changed to 60Hz, but still I recommend to set it at 60Hz in any way.

Last few channels are not a problem. If the Throttle channel has same configuration it should make no difference.

I have realized that theoretically If there is a hardware problem, then it is just at the AIL pin. In this case you are right, that it could be unit. Because this pin is not used in SBUS (1) connecton.

Ultimate proof is to swap your units. But I guess you dont wish to remove it from working heli.

If unit will be bad, we will also send you free double sided tapes.
Regarding FASSTest modulation - you can change parameters in your radio in the SYSTEM menu where you are binding with receiver.

FASSTest modulation, I thought you mean more technical side of spirit sw processing.

Futaba called it "system type" and "FASSTest 18ch" is only type for extra telemetry to work.
I can choose "FASSTest 12ch" but it only supports external voltage and receiver voltage.

I can try "FASSTest 12ch" but it would have no meaning since we can't use ESC telemetry info.

There is not much of option I can choose which I tried. On/off (INH/ACT(ivate)) and transmission interval.

Well... swaping the unit... will be no fun :-) but I will think about that.

PostPosted: Thu 19. Oct 2017 7:05:11 
Site Admin

If the settings are same in your radio for both helicopters, then probably your first assumption is very probable.
The AIL pin could be loosing connection which is not good if it is used for SBUS2. But still we are not sure.
If changing the units is possible, it would be definitive proof.
If not, we can try to find other way together.

In any way if you can send the unit to us, we will fix the problem in a few minutes as we approximately know where the problem could be.
It looks like you are from Korea, I think that we could manage express shipping from you to allow returning the unit in a few days back to you.