It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 21:08:43

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 02. Oct 2017 4:09:07 

Hello,

I am trying to set up my uSpirit using orange DSMX sats.

I have DSMX set in the uSpirit.

I have tried 3 different sats and different cables. I bound the sats with another receiver and then connected them to the uspirit. After some disconnects/reconnection of the battery the sats lose bind.
I am using firmware 2.4.3 but pc software 2.4.0. I do know if there is a later PC version or if they have to match.

I have tried setting my DX8 to 11ms and 22 ms but the behaviour is the same.
I reinstalled the version 2.4.3 firmware.
I have tried resetting to factory defaults.
I even tried a different esc as the talon 25 I am using is new and wanted to rule that out.

I have used an orange dsmx sat on the original spirit in the past and that did not have this issue.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon 02. Oct 2017 8:38:49 
Site Admin

Hello,

you can download the latest software 2.4.3 from our web pages:
http://spirit-system.com/download.php

But it should be not responsible for this problem.

Can you tell me if by losing bind you mean that the Status LED on the satellite is not On anymore?

Can you try to disconnect everything from the SYS port and ELE/PIT/AIL when you are replugging the battery?

Can you verify what will happen if you will start the BEC tester? LED on the satellite should be steady with no flashing.

PostPosted: Mon 02. Oct 2017 13:22:22 

Yes, I will try these things later this evening when I am finished work.

Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Tue 03. Oct 2017 0:54:10 

Hi,

I am now running the 2.4.3 pc software (just for info).

"Can you tell me if by losing bind you mean that the Status LED on the satellite is not On anymore?"

On normal bind there is a solid orange light on the sat. When I remove and reconnect the battery there is a blinking orange light, which indicated power outage. But also I cannot see the sliders move in the diagnostics screen of the PC software. I have seen these move which told me the sat was bound originally.

"Can you try to disconnect everything from the SYS port and ELE/PIT/AIL when you are replugging the battery?"

I do not have anything in the ELE/PIT/AIL. I think only the bind plug goes there? I bound the sat before connecting to the spirit as it would not bind using the spirit.
I only have the USB adapter in the sys port but it is not connected to the spirit programmer lead. I replug the battery and I get sat blinking but no response from the servos.

Interesting if I replug the battery with the Tx off and wait for the spirit blue light to go solid and then turn on the Tx, the sat goes solid orange and all servos jump. But after that the servos do not respond to stick movement.

"Can you verify what will happen if you will start the BEC tester? LED on the satellite should be steady with no flashing."

Yes the sat orange lite remains solid when using the bec tester.

The servos I am using are Lynx DS-895-HV cyclic and blue arrow H0988UHS. I have pule 1520 and Freq 333 for both rudder and tail.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: Also all servos do respond to the bec tester inputs.

PostPosted: Tue 03. Oct 2017 3:30:53 

Just one comment: not sure about Orange, but with original Spektrum sats, that "blinking orange light, which indicated power outage" stuff does not exist anymore, it was a DSM2 thing.

What is the "Spirit programmer lead" you talk about?

I think that whatever you have plugged in SYS is causing the system to enter a DSM2 binding mode.

PostPosted: Tue 03. Oct 2017 4:18:37 

I have the usb interface plugged into sys.

I have a sat bound now. I took a spektrum sat and went through the wizard to bind rather than bind first with another reciever first. I tried that approach too with the spektrum sat and it did not work. lol
I will go back through the wizard with an orange sat perhaps tomorrow.

I think the wizard is applying a configuration setting that I was missing in my approach. Although I was setting dsmx and saving that to the unit.

Unfortunately I may have killed my tail servo. The blue arrow H0988UHS. The lynx web site says 1520/333 which is where I originally had it set. The lynx site also says it operates at 1520 and 760 pulse. In my frustration tonight I changed the pulse to 760/200. Now the servo just buzzes and gets warm. I tried an eflite ds76j in the uspirit and that works fine.

Thanks for all your help guys. I should be good to go now.

PostPosted: Tue 03. Oct 2017 4:39:30 

Connect the Spirit to the laptop, power it, run the software, change to DSMX, SAVE profile to the unit, unpower.

Connect Sat, put bind plug in P/E/A using the provided adapter, power on Spirit, turn on TX in Bind mode.

When bound, unpower Spirit then TX.

Turn on TX, remove bind plug, power Spirit.

That's it.

PostPosted: Tue 03. Oct 2017 4:53:33 

I hear ya.
Except I pre bound. I won't do that again. lol

Seems like the Blue arrow may be OK. This is a new servo. When I went to turn the servo arm by hand it was stuck and took a little psuh to get it moving. So that is why it was getting warm. I am not sure how it could have got stuck at the end of its travel like that. It seems to be working OK but not sure if I can trust it.

I guess putting it on the 760 pulse pushed it to the end of its travel?