It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 15:44:00

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 01. Oct 2017 12:11:02 

Hi guys,
I made a stupid mistake right now and hope, I did not ruin my MicroSpirit.

Changing ESC and motor in a OXY 2, i plugged the new ESC to the wrong port, to the outermost system port

I know, manual says never do this.

Powered up, no response from FBL.
Checked my mistake - put the plug to the correct port. No response.
Used the old ESC - no response again.

So what?
Broken?
Any chance for rescue?

Walter

PostPosted: Sun 01. Oct 2017 12:35:57 
Site Admin

Hi Walter,

unfortunately it will be necessary to ship it to us. Very likely it is damaged.
We will check it and repair in one day.

Address:
Spirit System
Tomas Jedrzejek
K Olsine 28
73514 Orlova-Lutyne
Czech Republic

PostPosted: Sun 01. Oct 2017 13:52:15 

Thank you for your fast response.

What a pity :( :( :(

Not really a complain, but probably the only thing, I do not like in the Microspirit:
The system port .... connecting the computer to FBL via the adapter and this tiny servo plug, which is beside the servo and RX plugs and of the same type.
I used Microbrain, Vortex Pico, GY280RX so far.
Actually I am only using Microspirit, have two of them. So you see, I like them.
But the way e.g. Vortex Pico was plugged to computer, via a normal Micro USB plug, and easily accessibly even if the FBL is in fixed in the helicopter, is way better IMO.

Do not get me wrong: Actually I have 2 Microspirits, and none of the others anymore - so you see, I like it.
But this plug was the only thing I did not like at all, when I received my first Microspirit, immediately after I opened the box. Difficult to plug/unplug also, mainly if the system is in the heli (I use special round pliers for this, but inside the heli with the others aside...).

Little upset right now, of course because of me - it was my fault. The descriptions were covered by wires, and I did not check again, thought it was the outermost.

Shipment to CZ 15 € with Austrian post (crazy), repair, reship... probably easier to buy a new one. Only 4 flights with this Microspirit, my last Vortex Pico has been lost by courier... no good luck with my second OXY 2 ;)

Thank you,
I will send the FBL to you.

Walter

PostPosted: Sun 01. Oct 2017 14:12:02 
Site Admin

I understand the problem.

The SYS port is the JST type for more reasons
1) We wanted to reduce stress on the PCB which can cause possible malfunctions as the USB cables are quite heavy in comparison to the unit
2) We wanted to make all things compatible as with our Spirit units.
3) We wanted to make it as small as possible.
4) We wanted that the USB interface can be used between all the units with no change so if you have more of our units, just one cable is enough. In this way you can also use for example Wifi-Link.

Actually microBrain has JST too, but 4 pin if I am not wrong.

We are shipping the JST-Servo cable which can be connected in the unit all the time. So you do not have to plug/unplug the JST connector at all. Instead you can connect it to the servo connector so in this way it can't be done wrong and is easily accessible. Once you are sure you do not need it, it can be disconnected.

Are you sure about 15€? Usually it costs around 3-4€ even with no contract if you will ship it by conventional shipping. Of course on the post office they will offer you the most expensive solution. But there are always cheaper including package tracking.

PostPosted: Sun 01. Oct 2017 17:05:16 

Hi,
thank you for your reply.
Well, Austrian post is crazy with shipment to foreign countries. Checked right now, to Czechia I could not send an envelope (under 30 mm, but more than 5 mm) for less than 14.27 €.
A small parcel without signature is 9.90.
People complain extremely about this, because this is independent of weight.
https://www.post.at/tarifrechner.php?la ... icht_art=g

I will send the FBL to you tomorrow.
I will check, if it is cheaper to send without original box in a bubble wrap envelope (less than 3 cm) or with box in a small parcel.
Austrian post is worst of all.
I get shipments from USA or Hongkong for less then 3 €; if I would send those shipments to another person in Austria (!), I would have to pay more. If I would send it to Germany, ... :(

Anyway, concerning plugs: I will make a dummie plug and plug it into my two MicroSpirits.
Another possibility would be to give the sys plug another color, but guess I prefer the dummie.

Thank you,

Walter

PostPosted: Thu 12. Oct 2017 19:07:44 

Everything works fine again, thank you!

Walter