It is currently Fri 19. Apr 2024 19:20:30

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 04. Sep 2017 19:13:37 

I'm using Horus with X6R on OpenTX.
Sometimes I got the issue during LUA config changes or Log readouts to have a signal lost record.

Oxy4max SpiritPro + HW // SOXOS 550, SpiritPro, HW120A V4, 920KV // SOXOS 600, SpiritPro, HW160A, Pyro650 // SOXOS Strike7, SpiritPro, HW160A, Pyro750 // Skywing Spirit Aero // FrSky Horus X10S + Taranis X7 /

Last edited by Adrian on Tue 05. Sep 2017 20:37:05, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 05. Sep 2017 7:09:22 
Site Admin

Hi Adrian,

thank you for the message.
Are you able to find what operation is necessary to get into this state?
Can't it be caused when RX/TX are two close?

PostPosted: Tue 05. Sep 2017 19:15:29 

Hi Tomas

Thanks looking into it. There is no influence on range same if I'm close or 10m away.
Issue is somehow between X6R (not S6R) and Spirit configured with SBUS.

To find cause, I did program on X6R Failsafe with negative Pitch and on Spirit, Failsafe with positive.
By turning off TX, LED on X6R turns from solid green to red (lost Signal) Pitch jumps down as Failsafe from X6R than after 1 second it jumps up which is Failsafe from Spirit, looks as X6R is telling Spirit about Failsafe via SBUS and Spirit is taking control.

Looking closer into the issue with Signal Lost. Having no Error in Log I did hardly get into the issue.
But once having a Error like Signal lost caused by previous test, it happens constantly and it was hard to get out. Going into LogView, readout did happen with "previous". Exiting and executing Logview again, it showed "current" but pitch jumped up into Failsafe position from Spirit, but readout itself kept going. Pitch staid up (signal Lost) and no control input was possible. LED on X6S was solid green. Going into Basic.lua sometimes controls got back.
For me, it looks like SBUS communication gets somehow interfered from X6R to Spirit during LUA access which causes Spirit to Failsave. I can't tell if its ingress or egress on SBUS. Integration Cable and SBUS are only 8-15cm long. I did never had any issues during flying.
I do have exactly same same behavior on 3 equal setups. Let me know what else I could try. I have got some X4R as well.

Best regards, Adrian

Oxy4max SpiritPro + HW // SOXOS 550, SpiritPro, HW120A V4, 920KV // SOXOS 600, SpiritPro, HW160A, Pyro650 // SOXOS Strike7, SpiritPro, HW160A, Pyro750 // Skywing Spirit Aero // FrSky Horus X10S + Taranis X7 /

Last edited by Adrian on Tue 05. Sep 2017 19:26:22, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 05. Sep 2017 19:26:20 

I was about ready to report something very similar. Let me mention it here because it sounds like it is related.

I'm flying X4R, X6R and X8R receivers connected via SBUS to Spirit. Horus radio with integration and telemetry hooked up. When I execute any of the LUA scripts my Horus reports "Telemetry lost" after a few seconds. I don't think I'm getting a full signal loss because the heli does not go into failsafe. I will double check this tonight. For sure, I'm consistently losing telemetry. When I exit the script, it recovers.

PostPosted: Wed 06. Sep 2017 9:24:55 

@Tomas
based on the Spirit SBUS implementation. It looks like either S6R is sending Signal Lost flag on SBUS or SPIRIT is interpreting SBUS as signal lost due to anything.
Well there is the old debate, should FBL trust on Failsafe signals from RX or overwrite, with its on Failsafe values. Currently FBL is overwriting after 1 second, which I like, as the last place it's the right place if anything on radio path fails.

@btheli
I do not get the voice message "Telemetry lost" on LUA, like I do get when turning of TX.
However what I do get on executing LUA, 3-4 seconds later the TX is vibrating, does this mean Telemetry lost?

PostPosted: Wed 06. Sep 2017 9:53:11 
Site Admin

The problem with telemetry lost could be caused just by the following behavior.
When you are not in the integration menu, telemetry values are sent normally.
Once you enter the integration menu, telemetry values from the unit are not sent at all. This is for increasing speed of the integration menu.
So some kind of noticement is normal. I guess that what is reported by btheli is OK. Radio just care about all telemetry variables. The only solution would be to send telemetry values all the time, but integration will be slower.

Regarding failsafe this is strange, but yes - Spirit is receiving failsafe event from the receiver. There is no other way to check that signal was lost with S-Bus.
Only if cable is pulled off, then the failsafe can be triggered (too). But this is actually not signal lost, but lost of receiver - but resulting failsafe is same.

Question is why it should loose signal and what is different with X6R? Does it happen also with older firmware version?
Can you try to replicate the issue without pressing "Save Settings"?

PostPosted: Wed 06. Sep 2017 10:49:28 

Just to clarify, I'm always speaking about X6R, SR6 was a typo on my side.

I don't get exactly what I should test, as it happens without pushing Save *, just by looking into Logview after a log was indicated by TS. While first Logview execution works fine, but 2nd causing lost signal. If I only check one time, the log does not get cleared allays. You said once the last record was read, LUA sends clear log message, which seams not to get it's way into spirit or causing new log due to signal loss. As after power cycle log is still there. Personally I would like to see on top 3 lines "clear log: *" to manual clear it on top.

Coming back, sometimes lost signal does also happen on Basic.lua ,if I change Bank on latest Screen or press Save *.
But it happens more often, when there is a failure in the log, which is kind of strange correlation.
I'll check in more detail if its signal lost or lost of receiver.
On X6R I'm using FW 151118 LBT, on Spirit 2.4.2 and on TX OpenTX 2.0 with Failsafe configured as [Custom] in Horus for RX.

PostPosted: Wed 06. Sep 2017 10:56:54 
Site Admin

Thanks!

Please try this firmware:
http://spirit-system.com/dl/fw/spirit-fw-2.4.4.4df

PostPosted: Wed 06. Sep 2017 20:29:57 

Wow this was fast. I did test, but still not working. Log shows: Receiver Signal lost.
I can force this lost, 3 out of 5 times, if I go into basic and switch Banks.

Attachment:
Receiver Signal Lost.JPG
Receiver Signal Lost.JPG [ 170.45 KiB | Viewed 935 times ]

If afterwards I go into Logview and do a readout of "previous" till the end, exit and power off, Log is not cleared "previous" is still there.
To get clearance of Log, I need to go into Logview, readout "previous" exit script reopen it to read out "current" and power off and only than, log is cleared.
But during this 2nd readout, on listing the 1st log line, Signal gets lost, causing a log save, which forces me to restart the clearing process again. It might take up to 10 reboots to clear the log.

I did also test with latest S6R FW EU_build1702102, same results.
I did also test on SBUS connection failure by unplugging it. In log it shows "Receiver Signal lost" Pluging back in, in one case, Failsafe keep going. On 2nd try Failsafe got recovered. Telemetry did came back in all cases, but only RX, Spirit Telemetry did not recover, also no LUA access was possible.

PostPosted: Tue 12. Sep 2017 19:24:08 

Adrian wrote:
@Tomas
based on the Spirit SBUS implementation. It looks like either S6R is sending Signal Lost flag on SBUS or SPIRIT is interpreting SBUS as signal lost due to anything.
Well there is the old debate, should FBL trust on Failsafe signals from RX or overwrite, with its on Failsafe values. Currently FBL is overwriting after 1 second, which I like, as the last place it's the right place if anything on radio path fails.

@btheli
I do not get the voice message "Telemetry lost" on LUA, like I do get when turning of TX.
However what I do get on executing LUA, 3-4 seconds later the TX is vibrating, does this mean Telemetry lost?

When I enter the integration scripts my Horus verbally reports "Telemetry Lost" and it also vibrates. I'm no longer worried about this given Tomas' explanation (that telemetry is suspended to increase the integration menu speed).

I checked and when I am running any of the scripts my receivers all stay steady green and generate no signal lost records in the log file.

Since I have a similar setup, I'm more than happy to test something and report back. Let me know.