It is currently Tue 16. Apr 2024 20:11:18

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 25. Jul 2017 20:40:11 

I recently installed a Spirit Pro system on my Blade 300CFX (instead AR7200BX) and a Spektrum DX8 is used as transmitter.

For bank 0 I have chosen “Stabi Normal”; gyro value is -70 and the 300CFX flies fine after take off.
With a mixer to the poti knob I was able to find the right adjustment for gyro during flight.

For bank 1 I picked “Stabi Scale” mode with the same -70 for gyro gain. When I switch over to bank 1, the heli starts to turn clockwise with one turn per second. I have no controll with the rudder stick.
It stops turning immediately after going back to bank 0.
What can I do to stop the turning?
What is wrong with the gyro adjustment?

On the third position of the switch I have set “Rescue Normal” but did not test it so far, because of the issue on bank 1.

Best regards
Kluftinger

Last edited by Kluftinger on Fri 28. Jul 2017 9:02:27, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 25. Jul 2017 21:54:45 

Stabi Scale puts the tail in Rate mode, so to avoid this slow yawing you need to adapt the length of the pushrod (or move the tail servo) until it does not happen anymore. It is something that somebody does anyway even if they always fly in Heading Hold, gives the impression that the mechanical setup is better (it is, but the Heading Hold does not really need that, Rate does).

About having no control... I dunno.
Maybe try something lower than -70 (only in that bank!), like -30, I think I remember that Rate mode needs lower gains.

PostPosted: Wed 26. Jul 2017 10:42:26 

Thank you Coco66,

What you wrote makes totally sense.
I did see the hint that "Scale" puts gyro to rate, but i had no idea, what would be the answer to this :(

But how do I find the correct position for the tail servo without hurting myself? :o
I guess the only way is "try and error" on the field. I'll put "Scale" on bank 0 and the heli on a flat and smooth surface.
As long as it starts spinning on the ground I keep shifting the servo.

About "no control":
Maybe I was so in panic with that spinning I tried the wrong direction on the rudder stick and made it even worse.
Than I probably switched right back to bank 0 not to mess up the heli.

As soon as "they" have a lack of water up in the sky I'll do the testing. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed 26. Jul 2017 11:07:46 
Site Admin

There is a simple solution, you can use Stabilisation (normal) instead.
This is basically same, but with Head Lock gyro mode. So then no other adjustments are needed.
Or you can try Coaxial which is very different and can be even better for you.

PostPosted: Wed 26. Jul 2017 16:05:12 

Thank you ZeXx86 for your support.

I try to find out, how the different stabi modes work for me.

I was able to fix the heli according Coco66 statments. Just came back from my carport where I checked my adjustments.
In my toolbox I found a little gauge for a 6° angle of the tail blades towards the fin. Must have made it two yeas ago, when I fooled around with a HK 450. I did the 6° pre-adjustment back then, without realy knowing, for what reason.
Now I know better! :mrgreen:

So on the ground on a cardboard the heli doesn't turn anymore, only when I move the rudder stick. 8-)

Now I will put normal stabi on bank 0, coaxial stabi on bank 1 and scale stabi on bank 2.
Then I'll see which one suits me best.

In general I can say that the "Spirit" is a wonderfull stabilisation system.
One thing that bugged me during setup:
In the manual should be a hint in the beginning about the check box for the reverse collective direction in case of a trailing edge rotor head. If you go step by step you get the easy answer for your adjustment problems very late. Yes, read the manual first, but the "Advanced" tab has usually low priority in the beginning.