It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 14:12:28

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 18. Jun 2017 2:31:49 

I believe I understand the value of the "Functions" feature. This looks like the next step in the evolution of "Banks". It looks like I can pick up to three parameters (Piro Consistency, Flight Style, Cyclic/Rudder Rotation Speed, etc.), disconnect these three parameters from the Banks, assign them to three spare channels in my transmitter, and adjust those values during flight with a knob or slider. After I find the optimal value(s) during flight, I would land, connect the Spirit to the computer (or WiFi, BT, Android) verify the value, and finally assign the value permanently in the Bank(s). This should make tuning faster and easier.

Since I am using Channel 5 for Gyro Gain and channel 7 for Banks, I will use Channels 8, 9, and 10 for these "Functions". These are the questions I have:

1) On the Jeti radio, should I assign these Channel 8, 9, and 10 to "Governor", "Gyro sens2", and "Gyro sens3" or should I create my own Jeti functions and label them with the actual Spirit Function I plan to use?

2) Is possible to limit the electronic range of the slider or knob to only "useful" values? For instance, I don't need the Piro Consistency range to be 130 to 255. I would like to like the range to be 160 to 200. If there is a way to limit the possible range, how it this done on the Jeti radio?

3) How to adjust for parameters is low value range? For instance, the Flight Style range is from 1 to 8. The transmitter channels usually have a 200 to 300 range (-100 to +100, or -150 to +150). The issue here is that I can turn the knob thinking that I turned the value from "4" to" 6" but the value may actually be "5".

PostPosted: Sun 18. Jun 2017 11:16:52 
Site Admin

Hello,

you are right on how it is working.

1) you can use these channels and possibly rename them, but name is not important. It is just for your better orientation what function it affects. Select a switch you want and verify in the servo monitor if the channels are responding correctly (and in direction you want).

2) yes, you can do so directly in your radio by using a travel adjust or dual rate functions and by using subtim to move range where you want.
So instead of -100 - 100% range of the channel, you can decide to be just -30 - 30% range. And then by using subtrim you can change the range to be for example 10 - 70%. In this way it will work on any radio. But it is possible that in Jeti you can do it in a more ways, even in one shot. But described one will definitively work.

3) It only depends on what range you will allow in your transmitter. If you are afraid of consequences, put there low range. In any way, you can always check what range and values you will be allowed to configure in the General/Channels window. Where you can check if it will work as you wish - displayed value is the value, that will be eventually configured (once you will close the software). When the software is running, the Real-Time tuning is inactive.

PostPosted: Sun 18. Jun 2017 22:05:39 

I started tuning a heli today using the "P" functions. I assigned the 3 Banks to the three different head speeds I am using (1700rpm, 1800rpm, 1930rpm). I assigned the "P" functions to Channels 8, 9, and 10. I then assigned Channel 8 to Gyro sens 2, Channel 9 to Gyro sens 3, and Channel 10 to Governor. I assigned channel 8 to Piro Consistency, Channel 9 to Cyclic gain, and Channel 10 to Elevator Filter.

I left the Rudder Common Gain to 1.00x on all 3 banks. I first maximized the Tail gain on the transmitter (channel 5, Gyro sens [1]) during flight for all three head speeds. I ended up with 88%, 76%, and 76%. I then maximized Piro Consistency up to 190. I ended up with 161, 190, 174. I then worked on the Cyclic gain. I ended up with 60%, 70%, 70%. I still need to work on Elevator Filter, but that will be another day.

I then used the values I ended up for the Piro Consistency, and Cyclic gains and entered them on the 3 banks. So now I have Channels 8 and 9 unassigned, but I plan to assign other functions to test.

I like being able to quickly adjust these "P" functions during flight. This is a great feature. The only thing to be aware is that it takes a little preparation adjusting the center sub-trim as well as the low and high travels for the channel before using this feature to adjust the parameters during flight.

Now I need to figure out how to use the "F" functions especially the Spectrum Analysis (X, Y, Z).

PostPosted: Sun 18. Jun 2017 23:30:12 

The "F" for vibrations are super easy... 0 will be off, 1 will be recording the vibrations on the selected axis... then you land, connect, go to vibrations analysis and you select "In flight" (or smtg like that)... and you see the "replay".

PostPosted: Sun 18. Jun 2017 23:47:38 

OK. I believe I understand now. First the "F" functions are either ON or OFF. "1" is ON, "0" is OFF. That is easy enough. Thanks. Now the tricky part. When I "record" the X,Y,Z vibration analysis, this data is saved to Spirit, and there is now way to save it to the Jeti radio. Since the Spirit does not have flash memory, that also means that I have to connect the Spirit to the computer and review the vibration analysis before I power OFF the Spirit. If I power OFF the Spirit, I loose all the vibration data. Am I correct here?

PostPosted: Mon 19. Jun 2017 2:57:57 

That is correct