It is currently Tue 16. Apr 2024 22:06:40

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 10. Jun 2017 13:55:57 

Hi,
I was trying to use RTT for the Rudder Rotation Speed, and despite everything looking and working good in the "Receiver Channel Mapping" screen, the change of parameter had no effect in flight.

I have a brand new uSpirit with 2.4.1 and Windows 2.4.1 (and Spektrum satellite).

Not sure if any other RTT "P" feature is working on this Unit, but "F: Stabi Function" at least works fine.

So, I have "F: Stabi Function" on the upper setting, Channel 7, works fine.

I setted up "P: Rudder Rotation Speed" on the mid-screen setting, with Channel 8. On my DX8 G1, mapped the Gyro switch to the Governor feature mapped to AUX3. Then I changed the values for the three different stick positions to have the Spirit Receiver Channel Mapping read 8, 10, 12 respectively.

Saved.

Tested in flight: no change in the rotating speed.

Went back, changed the values to have 14, 16, 18. Saved (not needed).

Tested in flight: no change in the rotating speed.

After trying with 22 I realized it was not humanly possible, so I tested by deactivating the RTT feature and changing the values directly in the Sensor screen: clearly worked (I eventually settled to 14).

What gives?

PostPosted: Sat 10. Jun 2017 16:29:31 
Site Admin

Hi,

did you closed the software before trying it in the flight?
If the software is not closed properly before disconnecting the cable, then it will be still in the configuration mode and the RTT configuration will not work.

You can always check if the values are changing so that you will set some value with e.g. potentiometer/switch and then open the software - at this moment the value should be visible directly as the value of the parameter (in your case in the Sensor tab).

PostPosted: Sat 10. Jun 2017 17:04:26 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hi,

did you closed the software before trying it in the flight?
If the software is not closed properly before disconnecting the cable, then it will be still in the configuration mode and the RTT configuration will not work.

You can always check if the values are changing so that you will set some value with e.g. potentiometer/switch and then open the software - at this moment the value should be visible directly as the value of the parameter (in your case in the Sensor tab).

Well, on Windows I don't think I ever really closed the software... normally I just disconnect the cable, as far as I remember. And, after that non-working Rudder Speed I successfully tuned the Pirouette consistency, I don't think I closed the software then...

Most of the timea, in the past, I did RTT with the Android App, though...

Thanks, I'll try again, good one about how to test.