It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 0:57:28

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 05. Jun 2017 18:54:41 

Has anyone got this to work ?
Installed ne micro spirit on my Blade 230. Setup with Wizard all the servos work but it won't spool up. The tail motor will run if I apply right rudder even in throttle cut, but that's it no main blade spool up. It takes a long time for the ESC to arm even after it does still no spool up. Throttle is assigned to Channel 1 and works on diagnostic screen.
Any ideas anyone ?

PostPosted: Mon 05. Jun 2017 18:59:31 
Site Admin

I have responded to your private message.

So I am copying it here.

Regarding main motor the ESC might expect different throttle range than is configured in the unit by default.
So I recommend to try to change value of Throttle Range Min. from 1100us to for example 1000us.
Then the ESC should be initialized correctly and throttle will react.
If the value is too high, the ESC will not initialize at all and will prevent from motor spinning.

Regarding rudder motor - the motor should react only if you will move it to the one side. While for other it should stop completely.
It will not work if the Throttle Hold is engaged to prevent from accidental spoolup.
Make sure that the Gyro Gain is high enough and in the Head Lock mode, then the rudder should respond well.

PostPosted: Mon 05. Jun 2017 20:13:19 

Thanks Tomas I got it to spool up by making that change. However the tail motor will still come on if in throttle hold, I currently have it set at 0% in the radio.

PostPosted: Mon 05. Jun 2017 20:57:05 
Site Admin

Great.
Can you describe the behavior right after initialization and what is actually wrong now?

To set "throttle range" of the motor you have to use Left and Right Rudder end-points in the Limits tab.
So by this you can adjust it so the tail will be off completely.

PostPosted: Mon 05. Jun 2017 21:10:10 

Tomas, After initializing all seems fine if you let it set still with throttle hold on the tail motor will
start and stop on it's own and it runs with right rudder applied while in throttle hold. I will try and set rudder limits. Can you explain the procedure for setting them with a tail motor ?
It's way to windy today to try and hover so hopefully tomorrow will be better weather.
Thanks agian

PostPosted: Tue 02. Jan 2018 1:17:58 

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade a Blade 230S with a Micro Spirit and Jeti Sat2 Receiver. Everything works fine, the swashplate servos all move in the right directions according to the inputs on the transmitter as well as when moving the helicopter the swashplate compensates correctly.
However, when I connect the battery to the (original Blade) dual motor speed controller / ESC it won't arm, i.e., after the Micro Spirit has initialised neither the main motor nor the rear motor will spool up.
I already reduced the min. throttle range value to 1000us and other, lower values in the Spirit Setup but nothing happens. To make sure the ESC is not faulty, I replaced the ESC with another one from a friend's original Blade 230 that's definitely working, but the result in my Blade with the Spirit/Jeti setup is still the same, the motors won't spool up.

Any ideas and/or suggestions what I could try next?
Cheers,
Peter

ZeXx86 wrote:
I have responded to your private message.

So I am copying it here.

Regarding main motor the ESC might expect different throttle range than is configured in the unit by default.
So I recommend to try to change value of Throttle Range Min. from 1100us to for example 1000us.
Then the ESC should be initialized correctly and throttle will react.
If the value is too high, the ESC will not initialize at all and will prevent from motor spinning.

Regarding rudder motor - the motor should react only if you will move it to the one side. While for other it should stop completely.
It will not work if the Throttle Hold is engaged to prevent from accidental spoolup.
Make sure that the Gyro Gain is high enough and in the Head Lock mode, then the rudder should respond well.

PostPosted: Tue 02. Jan 2018 8:20:36 
Site Admin

Hello,

to make it work, the ESC require correct signal input for both main rotor and tail rotor.
For main rotor I recommend to leave Throttle Min. signal at 1100us for the beginning.
For tail rotor the value is not known - so you will have to move with the "Rudder Left" slider until you will reach initialization.
You can try value of 150 - 160 and increase slowly.

If it sees a wrong signal, then it wont arm - it is for a safety purposes. So then it will not work at all and will look like there is no signal.

With some ESCs the change will not be visible until next re-power of the ESC - in this case I recommend to begin at 160 with left limit and each power up increase by 10 and save the value. Before 130 it should be initialized.

For next firmware we have prepared some improvements so it is little bit easier. Unfortunately such manufacturers are not giving any details about these ESCs.

PostPosted: Thu 04. Jan 2018 0:04:51 

Thank you, your hint with adjusting rudder end-point settings (rudder left) finally made the ESC initialise for both motors!
Do you have recommendations for the Subtrim (tunig) - Rudder (CH4) setting on the Servos tab for a hell like the Blade 230 with a rear motor. How should I set that value?
Whenever I move that slider away from the 0-point the rear motor spins up to it's maximum.

Thanks in advance,
Peter

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

to make it work, the ESC require correct signal input for both main rotor and tail rotor.
For main rotor I recommend to leave Throttle Min. signal at 1100us for the beginning.
For tail rotor the value is not known - so you will have to move with the "Rudder Left" slider until you will reach initialization.
You can try value of 150 - 160 and increase slowly.

If it sees a wrong signal, then it wont arm - it is for a safety purposes. So then it will not work at all and will look like there is no signal.

With some ESCs the change will not be visible until next re-power of the ESC - in this case I recommend to begin at 160 with left limit and each power up increase by 10 and save the value. Before 130 it should be initialized.

For next firmware we have prepared some improvements so it is little bit easier. Unfortunately such manufacturers are not giving any details about these ESCs.

PostPosted: Thu 04. Jan 2018 8:16:35 
Site Admin

Great.
With the current firmware you can leave it at 0.
For the upcoming version there will be good utilization where you can configure behavior so that even with the fastest left turn the rudder will not stop completely, but will be still spinning. This can improve behavior in aggressive maneuvers.

Have a nice day!