It is currently Mon 13. May 2024 2:34:36

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 01. Sep 2017 13:10:38 

I have a Spirit Pro which hasn't been used for almost a year so FW was out of date. I down loaded the v2.4.3 Windows and Android settings software, and the v2.4.3 firware files. After flashing the firware the Spirit will initialise just fine but I'm not able to connect the settings software ether via Windows/USB or Android/Bluetooth.

I've sucsessfully reflashed the firmware via the recovery process and tried connecting using different PC's.
In fact I am able to connect for about 5 seconds just as the unit is completing it's initalisation at which point it reports the corrent FW version and serial number etc but then shortly after disconnects (same for Windiows and Android).

Im assuming there is nothing wrong with the hardware and the unit would be just fine following a factory/hard reset. Is there a simple solution or any way to pefrom a complete reset without connecting the settings software..??

Thanks in advance

Tim...

PostPosted: Fri 01. Sep 2017 13:30:47 
Site Admin

Hello,

that is really strange behavior. Do you think you can disconnect everything that is not needed to be there?
Only ESC/BEC and USB interface should be needed.

I can't find any reason why this should happen. Does the unit react in some way (to a movement) when this occur?

It should be possible to set Factory Settings in less than 5s - start the software, go to the backup tab (you can use F9 key) and press Factory Settings.
At this moment it should be resetted - require re-power for full application.

In the worst case it is possible to load older firmware by starting the software without unit powered up - when asked for Demo mode, select No. Then select firmware for flashing, press Flash, OK and then connect power to the unit. At this moment it should start flashing.

PostPosted: Fri 01. Sep 2017 15:53:51 

Hmmm, I'd already disconnected everything with the exception of a BEC and the PC interface and turned off powersaving for the PC com port.

If I connect the swash servo's they will center while the unit is initalising and pump upon compltion. Obviously I keep it still during initalisation but as far as I can tell the unit dosen't appear to react to movement once initalised.

I was able to enter backup and click the Factory button, then clicked Yes on the pop up which animated but before the box cleares I'm presented with another box advising that the connection's been lost. I've tried this a few times so I don't think I'm being too slow.

Where can I download an older vesion of the FW..??

PostPosted: Fri 01. Sep 2017 17:06:02 
Site Admin

Could you please tell me serial number of the unit? You can send me private message with this detail.

PostPosted: Sat 02. Sep 2017 18:04:40 

PM sent...

PostPosted: Sat 02. Sep 2017 19:44:26 

Fixed - Thank you ZeXx86 for your very speedy and professonal assistance in this matter - Much appreciated.

Cheers

Tim...