It is currently Thu 02. May 2024 5:47:37

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 22. Aug 2017 15:04:13 
Site Admin

That is not a problem at all.
We will also find what is wrong with your unit.

Please ship with value less than 25 USD to prevent any customs issue.

Thank you very much!

PostPosted: Tue 29. Aug 2017 12:26:22 
Site Admin

We have received the unit and we were able to reproduce the problem very easily.
Regarding flight performance it was not bad, but certain differences can be seen - especially in the rotation speed when compared between good and bad units.
Unfortunately we have not found anything wrong electrically which mean that the problem is the most likely in the sensor.
In this case it is hard to judge if the problem developed over time or was there from the manufacturing process.
But even with this problem it can pass all our "ground" tests which is quite bad.
At least we know that the problem was not caused by a wrong manufacturing from our side or anything like that.

We are investigating where the problem exactly is. But today we will send new electronics which is tested (in-flight) to be perfectly sure.
So we have to develop an another test which can detect such kind of errors.

So the problem could develop theoretically only in very hard crash or directly in the manufacturer of the sensor. For both cases we will create additional tests to make sure it can't happen again.

So again we are very sorry for the troubles. We will send at least a gifts together with repaired unit.

PostPosted: Tue 29. Aug 2017 14:09:54 

I have one Spirit unit have the same problem.
I don't want to test it again.
If you guys find how to detect it on the ground, please advise.
Because rescue was working when heli on the ground.
Init I thought it was bug or something.
This problem stop me to use another Spirit pro unit and put the Axon back.
I don't want to test it on the air again as I recall even I stop the rescue, the heli won't stop towards the ground.

PostPosted: Tue 29. Aug 2017 14:19:19 
Site Admin

That is sad. You can contact us anytime regarding any problem. You do not have to wait.
Fortunately it is possible to test rescue always without any risk after landing. When flight is finished and swashplate is reacting correctly, then there is no problem.

In the most cases the problem is caused by wrong connection/settings or problems mentioned in the guide I have linked here. There the solution is easy.

If you wish we can check your unit in the flight, it is not a problem for us.

PostPosted: Wed 30. Aug 2017 8:52:21 

ZeXx86 wrote:
We have received the unit and we were able to reproduce the problem very easily.
Regarding flight performance it was not bad, but certain differences can be seen - especially in the rotation speed when compared between good and bad units.
Unfortunately we have not found anything wrong electrically which mean that the problem is the most likely in the sensor.
In this case it is hard to judge if the problem developed over time or was there from the manufacturing process.
But even with this problem it can pass all our "ground" tests which is quite bad.
At least we know that the problem was not caused by a wrong manufacturing from our side or anything like that.

We are investigating where the problem exactly is. But today we will send new electronics which is tested (in-flight) to be perfectly sure.
So we have to develop an another test which can detect such kind of errors.

So the problem could develop theoretically only in very hard crash or directly in the manufacturer of the sensor. For both cases we will create additional tests to make sure it can't happen again.

So again we are very sorry for the troubles. We will send at least a gifts together with repaired unit.

Thank you for the update and great customer support. The fact that there is a Monday unit can be prevented in almost no production. The difference is how such cases are dealt with.
It is fascinating that the unit would not have failed in the testing process. However, I am pleased that it can now help to improve the process.
As you wrote, the performance in flight wasn't basically bad and the unit actually did what it should have done (except for the described rescue behaviour). For me as a beginner it was not obvious that something is not as it should be. Mainly because I had no experience in what can be expected and the flight scills were not in a level which used the unit to that point where it failed. A professional might have noticed immediately that something was wrong. ;) :shock:
I can't wait to fly my repaired spirit and look forward to the result. The first few flights, however, I will probably be even more cautious and restore confidence.
Thank you very much for the time being and many Heli-greetings.

PostPosted: Wed 30. Aug 2017 9:01:06 

hopeman wrote:
I have one Spirit unit have the same problem.
I don't want to test it again.
If you guys find how to detect it on the ground, please advise.
Because rescue was working when heli on the ground.
Init I thought it was bug or something.
This problem stop me to use another Spirit pro unit and put the Axon back.
I don't want to test it on the air again as I recall even I stop the rescue, the heli won't stop towards the ground.

If you really have the same behavior, it shouldn't be a problem to fly normally with the unit. The rescue also worked for me as long as I was flying horizontally. The test to evoke the misbehaviour was as follows: fly straight ahead at high speed, then pull up until the heli is at least 45° vertical, turn rear 180° and back again. Land after that and pull the rescue. The swashplate then visibly did not rise vertically. In some cases, a few turns had to be flown first. If you never have flown that manouvre propably you should first educate it in the sim.

PostPosted: Wed 30. Aug 2017 9:57:05 

Cul8r wrote:
The test to evoke the misbehaviour was as follows: fly straight ahead at high speed, then pull up until the heli is at least 45° vertical, turn rear 180° and back again. Land after that and pull the rescue. The swashplate then visibly did not rise vertically. In some cases, a few turns had to be flown first. If you never have flown that manouvre propably you should first educate it in the sim.

Sort of a stall turn?

PostPosted: Wed 30. Aug 2017 10:02:51 

Quote:
Sort of a stall turn?

Exact I used this figure cause till now it is the only one I master which is out of level flight If you master some hardcore 3d even better.

PostPosted: Tue 05. Sep 2017 15:08:43 

The replaced unit has arrived last week and I was able to test it today. And what do I have to say: I goth my faith back to my spirit ;-) It rescues like towed to the sky out of every position. :D

So thank you verry much for the great and uncomplicated help and customer support.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6