It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 12:47:55

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 15. Aug 2017 11:05:58 
Site Admin

Hello,

what you are describing is correct - the third value is from rudder and if there is some deflection from center, then the value will be non-zero.
So this is OK.

Regarding rescue, if you are testing by hand, then the function is very different since the unit is learning depending on "flying".
So it is necessary to check always after normal flight (the best is to activate rescue immediately after landing and check the swashplate).

PostPosted: Tue 15. Aug 2017 11:17:04 

Ok then this has also not given the clue to solve the problem. So what can I do next? The behaviour during flight is still the same. As soon as I go to turns the rescue is useless.

PostPosted: Tue 15. Aug 2017 11:20:17 
Site Admin

Ah, that is sad.

Do you have any other Spirit unit to test?
If no, we can send you one.

PostPosted: Tue 15. Aug 2017 11:21:01 
Site Admin

Also did you tried to disconnect every possible cable that is not necessary there? (for example for integration)

PostPosted: Tue 15. Aug 2017 11:29:41 

I have disconnected once the lost beeper which was in the gear sevo path with no better result. What I have forgotten to test was to disconnect the telemetry data. I will test this in a few hours and come back with that results.

As this is my first and only mid size heli it is also the only spirit I have so far.

PostPosted: Tue 15. Aug 2017 14:54:16 

So...flights are done without any telemetry connected with no better result. The only wire that was additional was from the battery connector to the battery warner. But as these are hard wired and behind the ESC I left this one connection and think it has no influence.
I tested again a lot and think that the axis of the rescue moves also from strictly vertical to some degrees away from vertical if I do some pirouettes.
I think it would really be best to skip one of the two main suspects (the spirit or the heli) out of the game by replacing it. So would be great if you could send me another unit. Should I PM you my postal adress?
Thanks again so far for your great support.

PostPosted: Tue 15. Aug 2017 15:40:56 
Site Admin

No need for address. It was possible to find by email.
Tommorow we will ship you a unit for testing. Hopefully we will find the issue very soon.

PostPosted: Tue 22. Aug 2017 13:52:09 

I got the notification yesterday that I have to pick up a package from CZ. So I ran to the post office this morning to pick up your test unit. I stored the configs from the old unit to my laptop and loaded them into the new unit (only bank 0 as this is my acro rescue bank). I loaded the lipos and went to the flyfield as fast as possible. And what whould I say. Rescue from any position and straight upwards as it should be also after some turns. To really test I pulled also rescue on the death point of the turn (heli vertical) and it leveled perfectly. How happy I was during my 4 flights without any problems ;-)
To make the test results complete I reinstalled the old unit and flew one lipo a few minutes ago and was able to reproduce the bad rescue again. So I would make the bold conclusion that it is the old unit which has a problem.
So what would be your proposal to proceed now?

PostPosted: Tue 22. Aug 2017 14:16:29 
Site Admin

Good job!
Thank you very much for the report. We are glad that it is OK and also very sorry for the troubles.

Solution is that we will replace electronics in your unit so it will be as new one.
There are two possibibilities:
a) You will send your original and testing unit to us and then we will ship you fixed unit.
b) You will send your original unit and we will then send you fixed unit. Then you will send testing unit back to us.

It will be fixed in 1 day (electronics replaced).

If you will find any other good option, please tell me.

PostPosted: Tue 22. Aug 2017 14:58:45 

As I would like to fly as much as possible in the next few days and autom will come faster than expected, I would preffer option b) if it is ok that I fly with your unit in the meantime. So my unit will begin it's jurney by today in the evening.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next