It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 12:53:27

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 12. Jul 2017 17:42:00 
Site Admin

In the special firmware the calibration time should be same, but different after the initialization. There is improved post-calibration if helicopter is not moving which will improve precision in some cases. Longer you will leave it on the ground before flying, better it could be if temperature difference is high.

All telemetry settings are in the special.lua script. Maybe you were viewing log from the previous flight and there were some errors.
This is displayed only once.

The temperature is on the FET, but 200°C is quite high.

PostPosted: Thu 13. Jul 2017 1:42:56 

ZeXx86 wrote:
In the special firmware the calibration time should be same, but different after the initialization. There is improved post-calibration if helicopter is not moving which will improve precision in some cases. Longer you will leave it on the ground before flying, better it could be if temperature difference is high.

Ah, I see. So it will still do the swash dance at the same time, but it keeps calibrating as long as there is no movement to counter any drift being introduced as the temperature rise.

ZeXx86 wrote:
All telemetry settings are in the special.lua script.

Right. I must have read the screen with the blind eye. I did indeed find the ESC settings now. But I have not found a way to assign channels to parameters for tuning yet.

ZeXx86 wrote:
Maybe you were viewing log from the previous flight and there were some errors.
This is displayed only once.

I did indeed get worried for a while. The first error I saw was "Receiver signal lost". Then it changed to "Control loop hang". Then to "Low voltage". Then to "Governor sync lost". Or something very similar. And then I realized that it was simply cycling through all the error messages. Or at least a good portion of them. Every single line in the log after 4:20 was identical. But the message they displayed in unison changed once per second.

ZeXx86 wrote:
The temperature is on the FET, but 200°C is quite high.

200°C is indeed quite high. I got curious as I have never used or seen a FET going much beyond 175°C in their absolute maximum rating. Most get nervous at 155°C. So I checked digikey. And they do indeed have one FET (only one) that can handle temperatures beyond 200°C. It is intended for equipment going into drill holes deep enough for >200°C to become a requirement. But other than the temp rating it is entirely unsuited for ESC duty. And a single one of those cost about 3 times more then my entire ESC :D
So I'm pretty confident that the 200+°C measurements I see is not right.

But you did mention that you had found a bug for the HW 120A. That it was reporting to high temps. And the release notes mention that it is supposed to be fixed. But from what I saw today there is no change in behavior since the previous version.

PostPosted: Fri 04. Aug 2017 10:55:31 

Hi
I am flying Heli since a bit more than 1 year now. I have installed a spirit pro on my education Trex 450 and it saved me a lot of money during practice.
But now I have recognized a massive problem with my unit as I am leaving the horizontal figures 8 and circles and am trying my first vertical (or almost) turns.
I recognized that after a few turns the virtual horizon of the rescue is shifting massively. I had to recognize that the first time as I pulled rescue as a test at the end of a flight and the Pitch went down directing the Heli onto ground. Luckily this was only 1m above ground so there was no damage. In the following flights I tried to reproduce it. Initialize => test rescue on the ground with swash going up levelled. Fly a few circles and 8 still going up but sometimes not that straight (tendency to tail). Flying a few turns => rescue towards ground or in any direction but not stright to the sky. I suppose the unit thinks that it is upside down cause after one second it pushes nick as if it makes an inverted acro rescue with switchback to normal (seen on the ground after flight).
Vibration is not perfect but with 14.1 middle and 36 max not such bad that it should confuse the unit that much, or am I wrong?
Btw.: Tried your extended levelling FW spirit-fw-2.4.20 with identical results.
Thanks for any advice.

PostPosted: Fri 04. Aug 2017 11:03:16 
Site Admin

Hi,

if it is so wrong even in the basic flying, then I guess there is some very important problem in the settings.

It could be wrong Position of the unit, Swashplate type and also Collective pitch direction and physical servo connection.
First you can check if in the Diagnostic tab all directions are right (correspond with your sticks).

PostPosted: Fri 04. Aug 2017 15:34:35 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hi,

if it is so wrong even in the basic flying, then I guess there is some very important problem in the settings.

It could be wrong Position of the unit, Swashplate type and also Collective pitch direction and physical servo connection.
First you can check if in the Diagnostic tab all directions are right (correspond with your sticks).
It's ok as long as I stay in horizontal flight... and it's getting slow back to normal if I hover for some time after it went wrong.
Sticks are all to the correct direction and also the unit position is ok (on the tail mount with plugs on the site to tail). As said it works all ok as long as I stay mostly horizontal.
If it helps I can try to post config files or photos.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri 04. Aug 2017 15:44:01 
Site Admin

Yes, this is exactly the behavior if something is not OK.
It is working as long as you will start to do some more advanced maneuvers. Then it will be more worse with increasing time.

Unfortunately sometimes even if it looks all correct there could be problem. So it is hard to find it without checking of others.
Unfortunately there are many combinations and each pilot is skilled differently, so we have to go step by step until we will find the problem.

Yes, you can send the settings and photos, please.

PostPosted: Fri 04. Aug 2017 19:25:28 

Ok, I have attached a zip file with all the banks, some pictures of the unit and how it is installed. Also find one Graupner telemetry log which can be opened with dataexplorer for example to see the vibration level during flight as also the steering input inclusive rescue and the pitch direction I had to make to correct the rescue move.

Thanks for your help so far and please let me know if I can provide further information.

Attachments:
File comment: Settings, Log and Pics
Spirit Rescue Problem.zip [1.06 MiB]
Downloaded 38 times

PostPosted: Sun 06. Aug 2017 12:56:18 
Site Admin

Thank you for the details.

I have checked the photos and settings and generally it is looking good. But unit mounting could be issue - I dont know how precisely you were able to mount it and also how tight the unit on the model.

What I recommend is to measure vibrations in the (especially) Y axis with Spectrum Analysis in the software and tail blades on.
This could tell us precisely if it is good. Mounting point is place which has also a lot of vibrations because bearing on this model is very close the unit and often it is not changed/checked frequently as it is uneasy.

Because it is belt driven model, it could produce a static discharges that can be responsible for such issues. Did you noticed any issue with controlling the model (any delayed commands or similar) previously?

I also recommend to unplug all telemetries and RPM sensor (if used) to see if there is any difference.

PostPosted: Wed 09. Aug 2017 7:43:00 

Ok, I have checked the Y-Vibrations and found some. Not that bad but there were some. But it's strange that the indicator of the telemetry data during flight only showed minor vibrations. So to make sure that this isn't the cause (or solve the problem when it is the cause) I have ordered some spare parts to get rid of the vibrations.
I will update again if the parts are built in.
Thanks so far for the support.

PostPosted: Tue 15. Aug 2017 10:39:37 

Hello Again

As mentioned I have replaced several parts depending to the tail. The Heli flies now as quiet and stable as never bevore. The vibration level in the analysis is still not perfect but at a very low level (see att with no main head but blades on the tail). During flight I get a vibration level of 11 in the mittle with minor peaks up to 30. Therefore I think that shouldn't be the problem any more.

One other thing I recognized: I don't know if this is normal or not but if I plug in the battery on the heli and switch to the diagnostic tab the 3 sensors show a value of 0. If I do some hand acrobatics with the heli (spirit cable still connected) -moving randomly in all 3 axes - and place the heli back on the table as it was the third value (gear) is not near 0 any more but stays at up to 150 plus or minus. If I give some stick to the gear the value changes and I can set it to 0. I was able to reproduce the incorrect rescue behaveour also with this prozedure (motor off so no vibrations except the one I do by hand).

Attachments:
y-axe.png
y-axe.png [ 59.27 KiB | Viewed 406 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next