It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 12:28:24

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 04. Jun 2017 13:40:11 
Site Admin

The LED blinking will change only depending on in which mode it is.
But it will be not stay on all the time.

WiFi device in the Spirit Settings is created always, once you will set connection (IP Address) by CTRL+W shortcut.
So it does not matter if you are or not connected to the WiFi, it must be there and visible.

By connecting both USB and Wifi-Link I meant in the computer, not in the unit.
You can connect even 10 interfaces at the same time there. But to make it easier, unplug the USB interface from the computer if it is still there while you are trying to connect through the Wifi.

So please verify if there is WiFi device visible in the first tab in the software. There is list of available devices in which it must be always present if you want to use the Wifi-Link.

PostPosted: Mon 05. Jun 2017 4:48:34 

I think I've solved the problem. I thought the Spirit setup software would automatically use whatever connection is available. I checked the connection tab as you suggested; found the WiFi selection in the Link/Device pull down list and when I selected it I was able to connect.

I'll need to use it more to see if all problems are solved but I think you found my error. Thank you Tomas!

PostPosted: Fri 09. Jun 2017 12:56:33 

As I mentioned I bought 2 WiFi links; one for my 700 and one for my new 250.

The WiFi link for the 250 works fine. Does everything it's supposed to.

The WiFi link for the 700 however isn't working. Using Chrome is says "connection problem". Using the Spirit Windows software it won't connect. Says WiFi connection but will only load in demo mode.

PostPosted: Fri 09. Jun 2017 13:01:52 
Site Admin

Thank you very much for the info.

Do you think it would be possible to swap these two modules between helicopter to completely exclude that there is some issue we don't know yet?

If the one that is not working at 700 will still not work, then we will send you new one. But it is really strange since we are testing completely each module so that it worked with our setup for sure.
So by swapping them we can find if something went wrong with the one that does not work.

Does the module flashing normally? (once powered)

PostPosted: Fri 09. Jun 2017 16:29:26 

Hi Tomas,

The unit in the Trex 250 Pro is taped inside the airframe and is wired with JST connectors for the Micro Spirit.

The unit on the 700 (a black original Spirit) is easy enough to unplug but switching them isn't possible. The blue LED on both units always flashes slowly.

I will try another Windows computer and my Android phone later and let you know if that helps.

PostPosted: Fri 09. Jun 2017 22:15:07 

So I tried another Windows computer with the WiFi link connected to the black original Spirit on the Trex 700 and got the same result. Under Chrome it's "connection problem" and with Spirit Windows software it refuses to connect. Choosing WiFi in the drop down list on the connection tab doesn't make any difference. One thing I did notice was the Bluetooth dongle was causing dropouts but turning that off everything was fine with the 250 but not the 700.

PostPosted: Sun 11. Jun 2017 8:26:49 

I'm pretty sure I've solved all the problems. In addition to finding the WiFi option under the pull-down list on the connection tab the signal drop out problem was caused by the Bluetooth dongle plugged into the laptop.

On the 700 the problem was the Hobby King Rotorstar voltage regulator I was using. After changing the radio receiver from a Spektrum AR9020 to an AR9030T and adding the Spirit WiFi link at the same time the low voltage alarm on the Rotorstar was chirping about 2-3 times a minute even with good voltage. It didn't occur to me why that was happening but I removed the voltage regulator and am running straight 7.4 volts to everything now and the WiFi link now works normally.

Apparently there was some kind of conflict there. And I found were to set up the secure password protected AP. It's all good for now.

Thanks for the help; love the WiFi link.

PostPosted: Sun 11. Jun 2017 11:02:25 
Site Admin

Great to know, thank you very much for the info.

I am glad that you have found the issue!